trailmate

delray

3-4 years ago i was at a swapmeet and seen a trailmate bike. at that time i had never seen one and had to take couple pictures of it with my cell phone. price was little high at the time too so i just past it up.

not knowing someday i would own the bike.....:doah: last week i purchase the bike from a person i new and that all he could really tell me it was big and too big for his grandson to ride it.
sitting in my garage now.....:thumbsup:
looks to be all original except for the brake handle and the engine repainted red........:doah: date code on the engine is 1969 and has the minibike linkage and no holes thru the recoil cover for a front mount gas tank. the only thing that i am not sure about is the gas tank. it has two brackets welded across the top/under tubings and are paint factory orange and then it looks like they just use a steel tank that bolted up to it.

delray

yes,just like tom said....:thumbsup: rims are just a unversal 12" trailer rims use back in the day and also use on this bike. tires are still factory to the bike. front tire is just a trailer tire and the back is a snow tire. still have not found any good info on this bike or one that was more complete then this one......:shrug:eek:nly couple things i can firgure out is the bike came in a dark blue or orange and had a big block 7hp.
nice if someone had a brochure...:rolleyes:

Harleys Papa,if i do it might be the only one there....:shrug:

delray

wow, thanks alot markus for posting that.........:thumbsup:
couple things i see are different from my bike. my bike must have the first design foot pegs and the bike from the minibike guild has the second design. my engine is date code 1969 and the magazine is 1971. it does look like it takes a small steel tank. anybody read the the part on what they though of the small tank....:doah: that was kind of bad on allied to install a small tank. 15 mile range only.......:eek:ut:
also it should of had a nelson/heald muffer setup and a lighted coil for lights. it's a trail bike....right.....:shrug:

markus

I was just flipping through that particular mag the other day for something else or I would have not remembered it was there. Luckily you posted before my memory loss kicked in :biggrin:

That thing is a TANK!