Translation of tire tubes please?

I have a 10X3.00/3.25 tube requirement.

When I look at OldMiniBikes's selection of 10 inch tubes, I see 20X8X10, and other similarly listed products. What does this mean please? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
20" OD, 8 and 10 are width and rim diameter...not sure which is which.... I think 8 is width, 10 is rim diameter

You want this?
Inner Tube 300 325 10 3 00 10 3 25 10 90 90 10 100 80 10 TR6 Free Shipping | eBay
Yes that's the tube I need. Wheel is ten inch. Like a Rupp. It's 3.00 to 3.25 width for rim fitment.

Look at OldMiniBikes's listings and it's weird. I can't tell which one to order. It would be easier off that ebay listing, but I'm trying to dance with the one who brung me. ;) Thanks for answering this. I still need some clarification.

OldMiniBikes link: Mini Bike & Go Kart Parts, Lawn Mower, Chain Saw and Outdoor Power Equipment | OldMiniBikes Warehouse

the smaller one will air up bigger.it's really not that much smaller.as long as it's a 10" tube it will work.
Cool! Can you please buy it for me and come over here and install it? :laugh:

Thanks a lot Yoop and Scooter for the guidance. If you get bored, check out the rest of the OldMiniBikes listing and see if you can translate it. (Or anyone else reading this) Quite a few people have read this thread and no one else jumped in (yet) with the answer.

the OldMiniBikes numbers are overall height x overall width x rim size. some are obviously missing punctuation because those wouldnt be metric i dont think

george3

Last edited:
:thumbsup: I appreciate the clarification everyone. I didn't think about the missing punctuation. Like everyone else, I detest ordering something then having it not be right and having to piss around with returning it.

Just installed the first tube, rode a bit, came back, sudden deflation. Tube was pinched at the center of the rim. Installed the second tube, inflated, same thing.

That's three tubes in a row I've screwed up. Using two spoons, plenty of dish soap. I used to do all my own motorcycle tires with the same setup. For some reason, this isn't happening. No, the spokes aren't stabbing the tube.

I guess I'll let this post mellow a bit and hope someone comes on and tells me what the OldMiniBikes tube I am supposed to order before buying a couple (ten?) off of ebay, so at least I know what size I am ordering. Same size as 10" Rupp.

19 X 800 X 10 Straight Stem
20 X 8 X 10 Straight Stem

george3

Just installed the first tube, rode a bit, came back, sudden deflation. Tube was pinched at the center of the rim. Installed the second tube, inflated, same thing.

That's three tubes in a row I've screwed up. Using two spoons, plenty of dish soap. I used to do all my own motorcycle tires with the same setup. For some reason, this isn't happening. No, the spokes aren't stabbing the tube.

I guess I'll let this post mellow a bit and hope someone comes on and tells me what the OldMiniBikes tube I am supposed to order before buying a couple (ten?) off of ebay, so at least I know what size I am ordering. Same size as 10" Rupp.

19 X 800 X 10 Straight Stem
20 X 8 X 10 Straight Stem
post A pic. of the bike. How can you fit them tubes in a 300-10 wheel? As I said before.

If you are using spoked wheels this is the tube, but a size skinner than stock still works.
straight steel valve stem with nuts.
250 x 275 x 10 - Straight Stem
OR
Inner Tube 300 325 10 3 00 10 3 25 10 90 90 10 100 80 10 TR6 Free Shipping | eBay

This one has 90 degree valve stem Typically used on wheels that straight stem wont work on.
TUBE 250 X 275 X 10 L-SHAPED VALVE STEM.

2 1/2 wide x 2 3/4 single side hight x 10" ID.

post A pic. of the bike. How can you fit them tubes in a 300-10 wheel? As I said before.

If you are using spoked wheels this is the tube, but a size skinner than stock still works.
straight steel valve stem with nuts.
250 x 275 x 10 - Straight Stem
OR

This one has 90 degree valve stem Typically used on wheels that straight stem wont work on.
TUBE 250 X 275 X 10 L-SHAPED VALVE STEM.

2 1/2 wide x 2 3/4 single side hight x 10" ID.
This is the bike. With the smaller tubes, I am having to stretch the tube over the rim with one half of the bead on. It's a tight fit, and when I fold over the remaining bead, the tube gets pinched.

Maybe my method of installation is wrong? Half the bead on, insert tube, (a real bitch because nothing fits in it easily, tube, or fingers) then the other bead.

Sometimes it helps to put a little air in it before you pry the second bead. That allows the bead you're woking on to push the tube over a little as it goes on, and makes it a rounder profile, instead of flat.

Sometimes it helps to put a little air in it before you pry the second bead. That allows the bead you're woking on to push the tube over a little as it goes on, and makes it a rounder profile, instead of flat.

Same as bicycle tubes , you can always let a little out if needed :thumbsup:

I will try that. Obviously, I was frustrated as hell, going through two brand new tubes, and heck, I've done this a thousand times, but on these wheels, I am way off.

Just no room to do the basics, like thread the stem. I bit of air might indeed stretch the tire out enough to keep it off the tube.

Thanks!