Tri-sport rollbar & pipes

wjustice

Hi folks, i'm looking to add a rollbar and expansion chambers to my RTS. The RTS I had 35 years ago had them and I want to set this one up like that. It seems these parts are harder then others to come by, so I'll probably just fab something up. What I need is some measurements of the rollbar and pipe. Especially the pipe header (or whatever you call the section that makes the 180 turn) and the height of the rollbar (from the shock crossmenber to the top). Any closeup pics of the pipes and how they were mounted would be great. Thanks!

I sold three sets if pipes when they all went to Illinois in a big box. Two of the sets were made from the Tri-Sport factory and another set were made with Bassani expansion chambers. The factory pipes I only have a long tistance shot of one one of the trikes.
Steve :scooter:

Last edited:

wjustice

There is a few decent shots in the photo gallery of james_c. I have a good idea how they were made & mounted. They can be done without but some measurements would be great. I just bought 2 set of expansion chambers, 1 is a alsport set with out the header pipes. The other set was listed as Tri-sport but look different. The first set is workable by fabbing the header but the length is important or we'll be guessing at it. The second set can be reshaped by my fab guy if needed. He has done this stuff before. Again the header length is very important and unless they can run under, i'll need to make the rollbar to mount them.

credit to james_c for the pics

wjustice

The louvers are just the exhaust exit for the muffling shells. If I remember correctly they are fairly loud even with them. The caps are held on with screws so......

From what I remember my pipes came with a inside snap ring that held the packing center tube with all the holes and the end of the piped. And not cone shaped like the ones you now have. Duner777 was who got my 3 sets of pipes.
Steve :scooter:

wjustice

Well Steve the second set finally showed up. He claimed they are the through the roll bar style but they look like they will go under better. I cant trial fit them right now as I have the RTS pulled apart.