Tri-Sport

wjustice

I recently aquired a TS130(I believe). Most of the engine bay has been hacked badly by a previous owner. The main 1"square tubes were cut and extended by adding longer 1" below. My problem is that the engine mount and drive are gone. Does anyone have some good pics of the mount and especially the jack shaft and TQ setup. Any info and measurements would be great.

Also the brake are different then most info i have received. Instead of 2 levers, it has a single lever that drops to a bracket on the frame. After that is an equalizer similar to center pull bicycle brakes. Both bands are hooked to a loop that goes through the equalizer. Does this sound like a factory setup?

Thanks

wjustice

I will try maybe by the weekend. Work has been very busy. Also it is completely stripped down as I try to repair the poor welds and alignment of the axle. It came with a Kohler 6.25hp electric start in unknown shape. I picked up a HF 6.5 for $80 and cables and a clutch are on order. Until I can lock down some info on the Tc and jackshaft, I am just going to set it up with the engine on the right and use a Hilliard clutch.
Years ago (~1979) I had a RTS340 w/pipes and rollbar. I regretted selling the minute it was gone. I know where 2 340's were some years ago (a SL and the other may have been a PhaseIII) and will try to see if they still exist.

ty481

parts book manuel

Hey mac, I just picked up a tri-sport mts-30 or a ts-50 dont know which one but its small, I need the parts book for it are those for sale if so I would like to get them from you. let me know, Thanks

Mac

The parts lists pictured above are part of a large Dealers Folder that
I stashed away a year ago. Not sure when I'll search my shed for it.

Probably going to sell it complete eventually.

I don't think I've seen anything on an mts-30, or a ts-50.

ty481

tri-moto parts list

well when you do let me know with a post because I've been looking every night for the last week and can't find anything for the mts-30 or the ts-50 if it's in your shed i'm interested.

wjustice

Ok, it looks like i will just fab up the jackshaft and mount. Can anyone tell me what the jackshaft gear may have been or suggest the best converter to go with? Also what is the differences in the Comet converters (20-30-40). Does it really matter the size of the jackshaft, 5/8 or 3/4?
Thanks

Nice work. Did you make the jackshaft mount? Are you going to use a torque converter? I see a sprocket on the side the converter goes on.

Last edited:

wjustice

A buddy and I built it from 3" angle and 1.25ID x .250 wall tubing. Open it up to accept the bearings. I only had some pics I found online to go by. I may use a clutch to get it going. The gear is just there for positioning and I am going with a TC as soon as they start shipping. I believe I am going to use a 30 series with a 7" driven. The engine mount is a standard engine plate sitting on angle. The only problem I have is that when they moved the axle back, now the chain doesn't clear the engine. To solve it I am going to put the engine on 2x2 aluminum blocks. This will give me plenty of clearance and still probably have a lower center of gravity then originally made since this engine weighs about 1/4 of the original.