Triple Trees

My attempt at Triple Trees/Forks

Ive recently had a few things laser cut for misc projects... while there, i asked my friend, who owns the shop, if he would mind telling me the program he uses, so that i could design some of my own parts and bring it to him on a thumb drive.

He said not only would it save me a ton of money (cause he doesnt have to design what i need), but that he would love that, because he gets burned out at times... I took on the challenge and found a free AutoCad program, called Draftsight...

After trying to use the program a few minutes, i called my bro/Mel and got some great pointers over the phone. Within minutes, I had enough skill to draw the first part... took me less than 5 minutes to draw the end result...

brought that to my friends shop NEC and it worked with ZERO issues... now ready to tackle some other parts (adjustable live axle bearing hanger etc)...

Last edited:
wanted to make the some subtle changes to the first draft.... started from scratch and ended up with this... just something simple

saved to my thumbdrive as a dxf file and brought it to the shop today... he was able to upload the file with no issues

after the first few cuts, we noticed that the transition on the curves from the fork holes down to the neck bolt hole weren't perfectly smooth, because i had used the wrong command to make the curve... fixed that issue and ended up with these

may be something others consider simple as hell to do, but i didnt think so initially, so i thought I would share the experience, maybe inspire someone else to try to do something out of their comfort zone...

now that i know this works... have already drafted several other things that will help put together a custom mini bike, etc...

for anyone needing something like this, on these particular trees, the fork leg holes are 7/8", the spacing center hole to center hole is 7 1/4"... the neck bolt hole is 5/8"... from the top of the tree to the bottom of the tree, is 2.5".... there is a 1/4" of material around the outside edges of all holes. the trees are 3/16" thick...

i had put letters in them, but decided against it at the last sec...

trinik7597

that is so cool g :thumbsup: you are taking it to the next level i was just going to ask if you could put lettering in something like that :laugh:

that is so cool g :thumbsup: you are taking it to the next level i was just going to ask if you could put lettering in something like that :laugh:
thank you... sure can... i talked myself out of it... just from the stand point of having as much material up there as possible... but im sure it would be fine... just need to gusset it... but im working on something like a kit... its what i was hoping to find when i was looking for trees like this...

also have something pretty crazy in the works... more on that soon

Hey man this is very cool. When I built my first mini's about 10 yrs ago triple trees were easy to find but now they're not so easy, much less to your specs. I think bigger tubes and smaller bolt would look better though, that's just my opinion.:thumbsup:

Hey man this is very cool. When I built my first mini's about 10 yrs ago triple trees were easy to find but now they're not so easy, much less to your specs. I think bigger tubes and smaller bolt would look better though, that's just my opinion.:thumbsup:
i agree... the reason i went with the 7/8s, is because the rest of the frame is 7/8s (thought about makin em 1-1.25", but the keeping the weight low as possible was on my mind too)... and the bolt hole size, is for the common bearing size... could use the smaller stuff but already have the bearings etc

and here it is mocked up on a Db, I just so happen to need forks for... gonna cut the skinny neck off... upgrade it with bigger thicker wall tubing for the 5/8s bolt and bearing setup and change the rake and trail, so that it will hopefully track straight and fast... put a big block on it and sell it to a friend... who pretty much already claimed it... all in fun for me...