Truck Stereo System Install! (pics)

Dont know if there are any Audiophiles around here, But after months of waiting I finally ponied up the last few bucks to get a few odds and ends, and installed the sound system that Ive had sitting around for months, and am I glad I finally did. oh yea, its in a 1987 Ford F-150 Custom mutt turned out really sleek!

I have,

12 inch 4 ohm 1000 watt pioneer premier subwoofer in shallow mount box
500 watt mono channel JL Audio amp (4 ohms)
260 Watt Clarion Titanium Woofers, and 1 3/4 inch tweeters in the door 4 ohms
760 Watt Pioneer 2 channel amplifier for door speakers
Clarion Crossovers
0 guage power wire
inline circuit breaker
2 distribution block
new battery terminals
JL Audio RCA cables
Piooner head unit

The Truck

stuff in truck

Zero gauge from battery

Zero gauge in door channel

Door Speakers in

Tweeters!

Underseat amps

Zero gauge is pretty

Cut the jute to match

and cut the carpet

I need to complete the grounds with Zero gauge, from battery to chassis, and add zero gauge and a 2 a redtop battery, along with a custom wound alternator to put out 250 amps I can pull the battery dead while driving down the road, kinda sucks, But its pretty loud and crystal clear all the way to the top, and the bass pounds pretty hard,

now just to get some money and get the rest of my things back up and running.... One day, hopefully soon....

Oh, the really cool thing, music sounds good, not just thundering bass

Last edited:
nice job. :thumbsup:

i've got a ghetto setup (2 12" MTX subs w/ an "1100w" amp) in my Durango right now. it sounds decent for the money i have into it. i really need to replace the door speakers and pick up an amp for them.

Last edited:
You can make alot of magic happen for cheap, In all honestly you want the proper amps more than anything, I really would like a higher quality 2 channel for my doors, and a 1,000 watt mono for the sub, and get the rest of it, But in all honesty I cant listen to it full till an drive home, But more sub voltage might be cool

gbones

i had a pair of 12" premiers in a reg car box, with my old fogate amp. ALOT of bass. then some one broke into my s-10 and stole my box, deck, eq, didnt get the amp i had it thru bolted. the amp is just collecting dust now. nice job.