"Two Plain" The Bonanza projects, need input

125ccCrazy

Ok here are my 2 Bonanza projects...The one is 1992 GM Bright Aqua and the other is House of Kolor Pearl Tangelo.... after putting the tanks and fenders up to thebikes they look a little too plain so I am looking for some ideas on what I should do to them... Leave them as is or add some stripes, designs???

Throw some ideas up or better yet for the artists here draw up some sketches of your ideas..

The aqua bike will be my wifes and mine in the tangelo bike.....Mine will have a 206cc dual bearing Intek with all WF internals, pvl flywheel, 24mm mikuni,
2 speed jackshaft....

The wifes will either get a lightly modded hs50 or a hot 5hp briggs....havent decided yet..

Let me know what you think so far and any ideas...

gbones

wow, those are some nice mini-bikes or minibikes, that spelling hasent been decided yet. the paint is really nice, IMO i dont know if i would do anything to the bikes. maybe something simple on the plate on the forks, ive always beleaved less is better but thats me and they are your bikes. either way im sure they will come out great. but, ive always liked the "powell skull" that would look pretty cool on the forks. ive had a few of those stickers and part of it is clear so you can see the paint under certain parts of the sticker. thats my 2 pennies.

Last edited:
Ship them to me and let me ponder on your question for a couple of years. I am quite certain I can come up with a good answer.:thumbsup:

The blue one looks great leave it as is.A white motor would look nice and clean.
The orange one needs something your right??? Do the motor in black with orange or some chrome
Either way the both look nice let us see what you do to them.

Ok here are my 2 Bonanza projects...The one is 1992 GM Bright Aqua and the other is House of Kolor Pearl Tangelo.... after putting the tanks and fenders up to thebikes they look a little too plain so I am looking for some ideas on what I should do to them... Leave them as is or add some stripes, designs???

Throw some ideas up or better yet for the artists here draw up some sketches of your ideas..

The aqua bike will be my wifes and mine in the tangelo bike.....Mine will have a 206cc dual bearing Intek with all WF internals, pvl flywheel, 24mm mikuni,
2 speed jackshaft....

The wifes will either get a lightly modded hs50 or a hot 5hp briggs....havent decided yet..

Let me know what you think so far and any ideas...
I'm thinking on the orange bike, mask out the sides of the tank and shoot them in a cream color? Sort of a tear drop shape like a 58-62 vette has on the side? Maybe trim the motor in some of the same color? Throw a little pinstriping on the top (rear arch) of the tank and fenders?

125ccCrazy

Thanks guys for the comments and ideas.... after painting the frames and setting the tanks and fenders on the bikes they started to look too plain or too much of one color so I was looking at breaking it up somehow..

I'll have to wetsand the clear with some 400 and then lay out the design.... at any rate they both will look better than when I got them.... after blasting the orange one it almost got throw in the junk collectors pile....it was so badly pitted I was ready to toss it out but after much filling, sanding and priming it turned out pretty well...... I'll start a build post and update it with new progress...