UNBELIEVEABLE Bonaza MX find

I'm thinking it's one of the OLD models with the color and everything.. They did have some MX and BC models that came with a very similar Hodaka two stroke dirt bike shifter motor, from the factory.. But never knew of a Motori motor on one.. Sure does all look right though..

oldsledz

It's only 50 miles from me but thats more than I ever plan to spend on a mini bike, but ifthat engine is original it is probably a fair price.

Here I posted some pictures of it from the craigslist add. I just guessing here but someone probably swap out the engine at some point, I thought Hodaka engines were the only motorcycle type engine used in Bonanzas.

From what I've seen Bonanza's have only ever came with Hodaka's and Fuji's. Thats not a early model its a 69 BC1500. AS for the color well that original ScooterBoy has a late 69 early 70 Bc1100 that has the same color. Cool find this would be a good question to ask Dave Miller.

Yes....Bonanza put that Morini engine in some bikes. From what I was told it was a limited run and the bikes were gold.

My guess is that this is a complete original bike..

I talked to Dave Miller the other day and found out that Bike was one of 55 made according to Dave. And yes it was allllll original. I should have bought it. :facepalm:

Last time I talked to Dave he talked about all kinds of odd things done at the Bonanza plant. Also know that there was similar stuff going on at Taco as well. You ahev to remember that these 2 brands in particular were enthusiast owned companies rather than just some company that got into the minibike business like Cat, Bird, etc.

Hell, Cat was owned by a concrete company. I even have an HPE Muskin christmas tree...

Muskin was into the seasonal sales, swimming pools and mini vehicles in the summer and Christmas trees and again the mini vehicles for under that Christmas tree in winter,
I think all manufactures did a lot of things to use up left over parts. I know Alsport did a lot of that in the trikes.
Steve :scooter:

Steve, the guys back then were thinking outside of the box ( befor the fraze was used!) like if boxes wernt selling,then make bags!

Last edited: