unknown cl cart id ?

spent 20 bucks on gas today and went on a road trip on a cl ad.
it was a very good day indeed.
got a coupla of bikes and this gocart.
looks a bit rough,but fixable..?
anyone know what this used to be in its former life?
sticker says kart wheels? or looks like it,i cant quite make it out.
when i google it i get go cart parts and nothing on this.

i do know the drive wheel is a alum hub that uses bearings.
i didnt get any kind of brake anything with the cart.
i also looked at the steering wheel setup,it looks original but??:shrug:
thanks in advance

yard kart sold by mongomery and wards back in the 80,s they sold exact same kart but wider and it was a two seater ..cant remember manufacturer maybe bird engineering ..

wrong steering wheel . supposed to be black plastic I have correct steering wheel if you want it ..

hey Neighbor!!
this is the cart i was telling you about,and i found 2 older grasshoppers too,one complete one shell for 3 bills.
lmk if you have any use for this or interest in the grasshoppers n ill hook you up with the guy who owns them.
thanks for the info too :thumbsup:

thank you sir ., no disrespect at all .. but I have around 70 karts again I was all the way down to 40 or so a few months ago .... im trying not to buy anymore unless there kinda special and unique ..

although I picked these up recently one yesterday one couple weeks ago one was free one was 60.00

Last edited:
Yeah Ludicrous, if Steve was my neighbor, I'd already be over there wrestling his vintage karts from him, as well as a few motors. :laugh:

That cart you got looks pretty beefy. The big question is, can you actually fit in the thing?

lol,i thought id get it for my kiddo,shes got the big manco n i figured shed enjoy a smaller one too.
just wanted to make sure i wasnt gonna mod something that was rare:thumbsup:
does anyone have a pic or diagram of the parts needed to put brakes on this?
literally,i have a pedal and a brake drum and thats it.
i also have to figure out a seat of some sort.

we do need to go see Steve,if nothing else just to shoot the sh...erm breeze someday.
check out his rides n all :wink:
i love the ones he shows here,with the goodyear slicks.:smile:

oyeah edit: i did pay 50 bucks for this thing,with a 3.5 newer tecumseh motor included.

the brake is pretty easy if you have a drum just buy a brake band there less than 20.00 use the rod or hook up a cable .. there fairly simple most mount on a 3/8ths bolt welded to frame band wraps around outside of drum cable or rod hooks to other end of hoop .. pulls band tight around drum fairly affective specially for one wheel peal karts

maybe a small boat seat or go to bennetts get suburu brat rear plastic bucket bed seat .. lol