Valmobile question

My current question is in regards to crankcase lube. Does this engine require oil in the case? It appears to have the intake charge going through the crankcase. There is what appears to be a drain plug. I removed it and there was no oil in it, so I am guessing it does not need additional oil, but I would rather know for sure and not guess. There is no fill plug that I could find.

Thanks,

I know nothing about the Valmobile, but power plant you are describing is a 2 cycle engine.
If so, oil needs to be mixed with gasoline. 2 cycle engines do not have an oil sump.

Had some trouble getting the first post up. It was denied because of forbidden words, none of which it had.
I tore it all down and sandblasted everything. Did the bodywork. The most difficult parts were the side panels and the rear panel. The metal is very thin. I elected not to use any filler as I felt it would pop off too easily. I had the parts all powder coated. It is now a mint ice cream sort of color. My college age daughter and wife picked the color. The new seat fabric is a cream color.

Attachments

Thanks, just not sure it it had splash oiling as well. The only 2 strokes that I have any experience with are Detroit diesels, which have some minor differences.

Kind of important to know what oil mix ratio is. Too much oil and engine will foul. Too little oil and engine will self destruct.
My 2 cycle engine oil mixes vary anywhere from 16:1 on up to 50:1.

Coming back together. I removed the carb bowl and everything looks like it is workable. A little careful cleaning and
I think it will function.

Attachments