valve clearance

im just pulling these numbers from the manual. i just thought that 2 and 3 would be too tight. if your gonna go that close why have valve lash to begin with?

edit: im just guessing because the stock springs are like half the tension as these 18 pounders.

im just pulling these numbers from the manual. i just thought that 2 and 3 would be too tight. if your gonna go that close why have valve lash to begin with?

edit: im just guessing because the stock springs are almost have the tension as these 18 pounders.
You need a small amount of lash for when the engine heats up and the parts expand. As not to burn a valve.

another thing is these stock retainers. the exhaust had a lash cap and the intake didnt. do i even need this exhaust lash cap?

Last edited:
If you buy the 18 lbs rev kit from NR racing it will come with the springs and a new retainer and lash cap for the intake valve. The lash cap prevents the tip of the valve from mushrooming.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Also the lash allows you to start the motor up easy. So serious on the edge racers run 0 on both sides trying to get everything they can get. Normaly if you set the lash cold it will open up 0.001"-0.003".

I personally run 0.004" intake and 0.006" exhaust.