VESPA Scooter Scratch built by Jeep2003

Love the build Brian!! Awesome video!! Would have been great if someone grabbed your video camera after you set it down with that keystone cops music playing in the background and the Benny Hill high speed pursuit could have ensued !! :laugh: Top notch work as always!! :thumbsup:

Well I know we all have seen some pretty cool stuff built on this Forum but the Craftsmanship , uniqueness and overall originality as well as all the re-purposed materials is mind blowing , incredible job , beyond well done Jeep :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys. Im not sure if im going to make Windber we'll see when the time comes. I got the clutch in today from OldMiniBikes of course :). I had to cut the crankshaft slot longer for the keyway but thats working great. Its even one tooth less than the old one so iv got a slightly better ratio. also welded on a second muffler and that fixed the noise. I also added a second gasket on the fuel cap because it was seeping a bit since the flange is a bit beat up. And I gave it another test run and its 100% . So im very happy with it and like you guys say Im always surprized at what im capable of. I just dive in not knowing what ill encounter along the way. Work through the issues and before you know it its done and working fine.

pomfish

Incredible.
Mike from American Pickers would probably pay large money for your scooter as he is a nut for Vespa's.

Anyway, great job, love the video.
Later,
Keith

Tink

Amazing.
I'm so humbled , being skilled on pounding and breaking vs creative and masterful in craft ,,, I want to see the next build handicapped by only using an old spoon ,an electric fan and a sixties Popeye lunch box.

Probably turn out like a Lamborghini on two wheels.
I wouldn't bet against it.

Well done Jeep 2003 ,well done!:bowdown:
Incredible build.

Last edited:
Lol Thank You. Sounds like Mustie1 on utube. he bulds his stuff with all that sorta junk. I think sometime id like to build a wooden minibike. If it were a bicycle you could go as far as building it entirely with stuff found in the woods. even youre tools. Maybe a swiss army knife would help. Im pretty good with wood too. Not nearly as good as metal but not bad. But a mini with a mix of wood and metal brackets would be intresting. Anyhow here is the finalized muffler setup and the new clutch

I wonder if there is a way to rejuvenate the slipping clutch.
On my old Harley, I scuff the friction disc's and lightly scuff the steel disc's with a scotch pad.
so on these centrifugal clutches, you would scuff the 3-friction pads with 600 grit, and then scuff the inner drum surface with the same grit sandpaper.
Then lube (lightly) the pivot points on the weights behind the friction pads.. unless they just slide outward... then the slide tray would use a light lube.....
I know you don't like to throw stuff away, so maybe this can help.

Been watching your builds here, and always eager to see your next post.

Oh yeah... have you ever lined up all your projects for a group photo?? I bet that would be mind boggling to see. !!

yup iv fixed up old clutches before but this one was a tiny one from a little snowblower. never intended to haul a person. theres not much i could do to fix it. Just not enough friction surface. About the only thing that would make it work is a much lower gear ratio and theres no room for a jackshaft on this bike. It wont get thrown away ill put it back on the shelf maybe for another project. I took a group photo probrobly 10 years ago but i only had 6 at the time. Iv been wanting to do another. Itll be an all day project this time around lol