vibratory bowl

oldfatguy

I have one of those and they work great for cleaning brass. I use crushed walnut hulls but I'm sure that cracked corn feed or play sand would work too. It should do a great job of cleaning up small parts but I don't think that a rim will fit in it. but you might be able to find a way to make it work.

What type of finish and how big of parts are you going to be putting in it? what are to bowl dims? I have some smaller ones like that and one verry expensive big one that would fall into my favorite tool collection, media used will depend on what you want to do.

002 - YouTube

I have one of these from HF that seems to work decently. It was the 5lb one and doesn't look as big as yours. I found that degreasing parts first and then tossing them in the vibratory cleaner makes old nuts and bolts look brand new. I've done a lot of work on old cars and these things really help clean up the small old rusty parts very easily!

Scored an unused 18 lb. version on Craig's list for 50 bucks, unboxed, with instructions. Ran heavily rusted fine thread nuts, bolts, washers, and threaded rods using HF item number 92150 walnut shells. Works great.