Wanted Tecumseh HS engine for 68 Fox Trail Bug

Hello All, looking for a very nice HS Tecumseh engine. Please feel free to PM me if you have one that you can part with. The Fox Trail Bug is ready to go. Thanks to Scott. Thank you Joe

capguncowboy

The Trailbug came with a lighted 3, 4 or 5hp engine. So, an H30, HS40 or H50? Does it need to be lighted? Do you have a preference on which model engine?

I have an H30 I'd part with if you're interested. Send me a PM

I just told someone the same thing about the tecs an tools you need to work on them capgun he thought i was b/s imagine that..

The old Tecumseh engines are great engines not chinnese crap made in usa vintage thats why they still run good engines just my 2 cent ...

Yes if you have the correct one I am interested, the trail bug is very nice. Scott did some fantastic work on this bike. Thank you

I loved my original Tecumseh 3 hp in 1968 I weighed in at 90lbs and rode it hard for 3 years. With jack shaft and flat out for hours, never a problem never a tune up. 30 wt pensoil and 16 cents from the lounger chair for a tank of gas. Please talk nice about these engines. Lol and thanks

You won't find any HS50s older than 1972, so you can scratch that off your list. 1968 HS40s are pretty rare as well - first year production with the small head. Good luck!

Hey Joe90,
Pretty sure I have a HS50 but doubt if it is lighted and if it is very old. Will check this evening.
For sure I have an HS50 NOS Shortblock in the original box, getting ready to put on eBay.
I put the H50 or H60 shortblock on eBay, and it closes Sunday nite.
I'll try and get some pictures out tonite.

Last edited: