Warrior 420cc swap

Does anyone know if a Predator 420cc motor will fit on a Baja Warrior frame? I'm also going to go with a torque convertor so I'm not concerned anything else.
Thanks

cxbra

I typed in Baja heat with 420cc swap and I found a page with a video of the swap being done. The guy in the video said he had to cut the frame to get the engine in and he said the biggest pain was lining up the chainline. He said it was like 3 months of troubleshooting but im not sure how often he worked on the bike. Those big motors look nice but they come with a lot of fitment issues to the minibikes.. Im sure its not a big deal on karts but on mini's, they seem to be a real pain.

I have a Hawg-Ty which came with a 5.5hp.. I swapped in a Predator 212cc and I had to bend in the rear frame rail to get the valve-cover to fit so im sure its a real pain with a 420cc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!, that's more trouble than I want to go through.I guess I'll be better off just doing some mods to the motor thats on it.

joshua. c.

modifying the engine you have is a good idea. that motor has a big aftermarket. there are plenty of racing parts for it: stronger valve springs, billet conecting rod, billet flywheel, high lift cam, ect. with a few mods it will have plenty of power.

cxbra

Thanks for the help!, that's more trouble than I want to go through.I guess I'll be better off just doing some mods to the motor thats on it.
Sounds like a plan. You can easily get 10-12hp out of a 6.5hp engine, and not have to worry about the extra weight the big block would add. Also, parts are expensive on the big blocks! A billet flywheel is like $150-200, clutch is $100+ and a piston is $90. The smaller engines are much more efficient when you consider replacement and aftermarket parts and fitment of the engine. I want a big block bike, I just dont want to do the swap haha.

I have my new mm 212cc in the shop it seems that the back rear tire locked up thinking is a hydraulic brake problem . But I’m thinking of upgrading the engine but being that I just got the bike I’m trying to see if there’s other ways of a kick in my 7 1/2 hp it up to 10 to 12 without Engine swap what options do I have ?