Western Auto Flyer

buckeye

I run a craigs ad looking for vintage mini bikes.
I recieved a response to my ad.
It is concerning a Western Auto Flyer. No pics.
I assume he is talking about a Columbia/ MTD.
Don't know much about these.
Any opinions about these so I can make a educated offer.
Thanks in advance.
Uncle Buck:thumbsup:

markus

could be a number of bikes from an original doodle bug (not the china one) up to something like the one I recently finished. and did he specify that it was a minibike (with a motor), cause it could be a small bicycle, those are cool to though!

buckeye

Nope. My ad says horizontal shaft engines running or not.
SoI assume he knows I mean powered.
He specifically said WesternAuto Flyer in the response.

buckeye

He's probobly still sleeping. He responded at 1:30 a.m.
I sent him a response reqesting pics.
If he reponds,I'll post them.
He only said,"what would you give me for a Western Auto Flyer."
More info hopefully.
It's 2 hr drive one way,so I want to see what he has prior to the drive.
Figured it could be a good Sunday outin with the wife.
Hey,jump in the car,I want to take ya for a ride. Oh,by the way,I'm gonna stop and look at a mini bike about half way there. And that's when the fight will start.:laugh:

He's probobly still sleeping. He responded at 1:30 a.m.
I sent him a response reqesting pics.
If he reponds,I'll post them.
He only said,"what would you give me for a Western Auto Flyer."
More info hopefully.
It's 2 hr drive one way,so I want to see what he has prior to the drive.
Figured it could be a good Sunday outin with the wife.
Hey,jump in the car,I want to take ya for a ride. Oh,by the way,I'm gonna stop and look at a mini bike about half way there. And that's when the fight will start.:laugh:
If she starts to fight..just say Cheezy said Ok. If that doesnt work...explain to her that a 2 hour drive means a 20 hour walk back.:evil_laughter:

Ask for pics firs Tom, that's too far to drive at 4 bucks a gallon. Some people either love or hate those bikes, in the right color they look awesome. I'm not a big fan of black bikes but Cheezy's (old one) looks great, especially if it had the chrome clutch cover:thumbsup:
I have a red one and it is one of my favorite riders:scooter:

buckeye

I will anxiously wait for pics.
Certainly am not risking my life for a junker.
Update later if pics are forwarded.
Thanks guys.
And you a right Cheeze,she would kill me. She already is convinced,I have lost it with these things.:shrug:

Nothing back from him.
Why contact me if not following through.:shrug:
I know the feeling, its so annoying! i also put want to buy ads on craigslist and people contact me then give me the cold shoulder... I want to give you money for your item! why not respond!?

Buckeye just saw this thread, he is probably talking about a western flyer sold through western auto stores back in the 60's & 70's, I bought one as a package deal for 3 minbikes frames for $99. a few years ago. I got the western flyer, a cat and a el tigre. Can't talk about what they are worth mine is a SS300 but it's a sturdy bike and fits a adult compared to some of the smaller bike. It will be my next project - pushed the Cat back again.