what end on brake cable

OldMiniBikes warhouse part number R_264

What end do i need for drum brake??? clevis? cant find one there.
my brake only has a lever with 1/4"ish hole

or is there a better cable

I have a few of those cables for spares. I cut the ferrule (metal thingy on the end) off and just use the bare cable.
I use a Dremmel with a slitting wheel and gently cut in the direction of the twist the keep the end from unfraying.

capguncowboy

I have a few of those cables for spares. I cut the ferrule (metal thingy on the end) off and just use the bare cable.
I use a Dremmel with a slitting wheel and gently cut in the direction of the twist the keep the end from unfraying.
To cut the ends, I put the cable on a hard surface -- in my case, I use the floor of my garage -- and hit it with an old chisel and hammer. It's fast and doesn't fray or split the cable whatsoever. The chisel needs to be sharpened after a few whacks, but it's an old one so it's not really a big deal.

Well Capgun you live in Bluff City and I will indeed call your "Bluff" .. (see what I did there ... hehehe, I'm so freak'in clever)

I'll grab a chisel and put the "point from hell" on it and give it a go!
I like quick and easy!

capguncowboy

Well Capgun you live in Bluff City and I will indeed call your "Bluff" .. (see what I did there ... hehehe, I'm so freak'in clever)

I'll grab a chisel and put the "point from hell" on it and give it a go!
I like quick and easy!
I think it was Ogy that gave this tip and I was a little skeptical at first. It works great though

buckeye

I have a small metal plate I use instead of the garage floor.
Perfect everytime!
If I measure correctly anyway..:laugh: