What fuel to use???

I've searched but can't find any answers. I'm running a predator 212cc with a mod 2 cheater cam 18lb springs and I milled the head down .050 and running 140 emulsion and .039 jet bored out carb and air intake and straight exhust. What fuel do you think would be best???

WrenchDad

I've searched but can't find any answers. I'm running a predator 212cc with a mod 2 cheater cam 18lb springs and I milled the head down .050 and running 140 emulsion and .039 jet bored out carb and air intake and straight exhust. What fuel do you think would be best???
Do those mods give you an option other than 3 different grades of unleaded gas?

For your sake (and for ours) I suggest you do a little more homework, either find or calculate the compression ratio.

CR = (volume of combustion chamber at BDC / Volume of combustion chamber at TDC)

Do you have stock ignition timing?

Under standard conditions an air-cooled engine should be good on 93 octane at 10:1 compression.

Because different designs are more prone to detonation, some engines can run 11:1 on 93 octane without problems.

I have no idea off-hand what that cam does to dynamic compression ratio, but if you stick to 10:1 and 93 octane you are generally good.

Do you know what pinging sounds like? Use the cheapest fuel that won't ping

I use VP 110 in everything Just because of the lack of alcohol in it. Got real tired of cleaning out carbs for then sitting just a few weeks. I run my lawn mowers,weed eaters,pressure washer,gin pole truck along with my mini bikes on it.

Definitely find fuel with no ethanol. Call the local bulk fuel distributors because they know who they are selling the "no alky" fuel to. It will be a boat marina or specialty fuel distributor that will have it.

Rick

Two Honda ST90 and Two CT90 Bikes
2006 Honda Foreman 500 (Resto In Progress)