What is this Sears minibike?

I have the mini bike fever and bought another minibike today :)
This one is a Sears with a Briggs Animal engine .
What model is it? What year was it made?
Danford1

File_001 (27).jpeg File_000 (37).jpeg

markus

They are from 1979/1980, Not sure the actual name as what I have for catalog photos are blurry, you can find them in spring/summer catalogs not the christmas wishbooks

They are from 1979/1980, Not sure the actual name as what I have for catalog photos are blurry, you can find them in spring/summer catalogs not the christmas wishbooks
You have more data on that? I read where they dated back to the early 70s. It would be nice to put something in stone about these bikes since they have been popping up rather frequently.

markus

Just follow the Manco line and look at sears catalogs, Its pretty easy. Manco (at least thier Karts) didnt start to even show up in sears catalogs til 1976 and they were using the sprung seat trailcat for the next couple of years. 1979 catalogs show the start of the "speed Hole" reinforcement bikes, Again I don't know the names or if they even had any in the sears catalogs. This also matches the Manco line being sold at the same time, the small bike of course was the first "streaker" and the larger full suspension was called "screamer" which was a name they used in the past. that design ran until 1982. both the sears and Manco catalogs in 1982 show the major design changes which did not include the "speed holes" The sears version at that point was called "green streak"....and yes it was green, The Manco version went Red and was called "SXT"