What make and model?

Newby to this board and minibikes. Beginning a restoration using the frame in the attached photo. Appears to have had a countershaft. Also, had a foot operated friction brake on tire. Wondering why front fork tubes step down in size. Appears to be a repair or maybe had fork springs at one time. Interested in learning make, model, year, and seeing a picture of a restored version. IMG_5334.JPG

I had one of the early Fox doodlebugs too, here is how it looked when I got it.

and here is how it looked after some work I did on it, they are nice little bikes.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Scottessey

Good to see you, Rocco!

Frame is either a Fox Doodlebug or a Fox Trailbug. There are a few slight mods that were done to yours. Would not have come with a scrub brake originally. Like the other guys mentioned, forks look to be off a Bonanza. I might have an extra set of foot pegs laying around if you need a set. :thumbsup:

6doggie3

Good luck with your build!
JJ's Dad if you have more pics of all the parts for your build the experts on the forum
can offer more help? Do you just the frame or at least a roller?

Thanks! I have just frame, forks and a bunch of new Azusa parts. May take you up on offer of foot pegs.
considering reinstalling jack shaft and fixing forks to function again. Is overall ratio of 8.8:1 good for 3 hp and 8 year old new rider?
Anything besides a spring go inside each Bonanza fork leg? Found springs on eBay.
Should I take my questions to a different thread now?