what threaded pipe will fit a tec hs40 exaust port

dirt

hi im looking to make a threaded header. what home depot pipe will fit in my exaust port.? im waiting for some cash for a costom header but till then i want to try different lenths and shapes. i have access to black gas pipe at my pops house will it fit?.i know from my smokin days that copper isnt good to heat. thanks for any thoughts
also i tried to cut a flange out of cold roll steel. i need power tools bad.

Its 3/4 for the big blocks, I think 1/2 but not sure. I know just by looking at the pipes and pick them up. I just never took the time to see what the actual size was :shrug:

hi im looking to make a threaded header. what home depot pipe will fit in my exaust port.? im waiting for some cash for a costom header but till then i want to try different lenths and shapes. i have access to black gas pipe at my pops house will it fit?.i know from my smokin days that copper isnt good to heat. thanks for any thoughts
also i tried to cut a flange out of cold roll steel. i need power tools bad.
i think it is standard 1/2 water pipe . thats what i used on my mini .
and power tools do make cutting the flanges alot easier .you needing a flange ? i still have 1 or 2 on the shelf for sale . if ya need one let me know :thumbsup:

DMR

I used 3/4 but don't make the same mistake I did. The vibrations with case the pipe to whither out the inside of the exhaust port. Next thing you know the pipe is wobbling all over the place even though it is screwed in all the way.:doah: