What would you do ? gx340 or world formula

slap

Ok i have a decision to make I can get a new honda gx340 from someone for $400 with electric start or I can get a used briggs world formula for $500 not sure on the hours on it but it runs great been rebuilt before which would you recommend ?

Honda 6.5hp.....very good foundation to build off. Cheaper cost than the other two...and better availability. And way better performance results and durability.

I would go for the Briggs World Formula. It puts out 12hp bone stock on pump gas. It has a billet rod, dual valve springs, 308 lift cam, forged crank, and a nice 26mm walbro carb. They are super reliable. For $500 it would be a great choice. You'd that much into a honda after the initial purchase.

I would go for the Briggs World Formula. It puts out 12hp bone stock on pump gas. It has a billet rod, dual valve springs, 308 lift cam, forged crank, and a nice 26mm walbro carb. They are super reliable. For $500 it would be a great choice. You'd that much into a honda after the initial purchase.
Ummm..that is not bone stock. It is based off the 6.5 Briggs platform. That is what we call an aftermarket build. And being a used motor with unknown done to it...better to start fresh. But I see your point.

Ummm..that is not bone stock. It is based off the 6.5 Briggs platform. That is what we call an aftermarket build. And being a used motor with unknown done to it...better to start fresh. But I see your point.
The parts I listed are how the world formula comes from briggs.
Formula Racing Engine | Briggs & Stratton Go Kart Engines
I have a couple of them we race on our go karts. They do have a 7100rpm rev limiting coil too.

Street Smart

Pretty sure they make a little more then 12hp, a great engine, very reliable.