Wheel spinning on its own?

I have a mini baja 5.5. I've just replaced the carberator on it. I took it for a test ride and and was not impressed. So I put it on my cinder block with the wheel in the air. I don't know what happened. The throttle now does nothing and the wheel spins on its own when I open up the clutch. It worked fine right before I put it on the cinder block. What could be wrong with it? No way I can ride it now since its a run away vehical waiting to happen. Any Ideas?

Make sure you haven't bind the rod going from the govenor to carb and that the throttle cable moves properly. Had a similiar situation happen to me and found the rod binding causing it to rev high without input from the throttle.

TomH

Might be two problems at once. Your throttle cable to the carb could be out of adjustment. Turn you hand feed counter clockwise with the cable loosened on the carb. Make sure carb is all the way off setting on the stops. Now tighten everything up and see if the carb opens all the way and closes all the way and that the cable is not slipping. If that is all good, start the bike and adjust the idle screw if you have one. If you don't have one, make sure the idle jet is in the hole underneath the choke do hickey. Use your old one if it isn't in there.