when it rains it pours tri-sport

i just got this with the intention of selling it but now that i got her home not so sure... the glass is in really tuff shape but theres an 8hp bs with electric start all the clutch stuff is there so all i gota do is some carb wrk & hope like hell? well any way what is it i know its allsport tri-sport but its got rear suspencion (sweet)

Last edited:
To all the Tri Sport owners out there the body's are not fiberglass they are a plastic that is heated over the top of a vacuum mold and the plastic is formed in that mold and then the fiberglass is added to the back side. I take it that the fiberglass is applied with a chopper gun with lots of liquid resin to keep the glass intact.
Grindking : You have a very doable project their and worth any effort to get it going but for goodness sake turn the front shock over. Steve :scooter:
Pictures below are from 1973

thanks for the info & nice pics my older bros had a tri-sport when we were kids but it was not running by the time i was big enuff to ride it so i had to settle for sitting on it & makeing engin noises then it got sold? im gona tear into this & clean up some of the crud hangin off it??? & get the carb clean... what do ya do to restore the plastic seat shell? & is there seat cushons reproduced i thought i seen that somewhere? & i'llswitch the fromt shocks right a way lol

Well as far as the seat upholstery goes there was 4 sets of NOS found by Mark G last year and he sold them all for a tidy profit.As far as the seat repair your on your own I never had too many issues with my trikes. one hole on my street legal trike where the rewind was made to come out was torn up I just used a small piece of sheet metal on both sides and pop riveted them together in a sandwich. I used it for a place to mount the choke cable. I seem like they did a lot of frame jacking around to fit in that motor I would do some real checking of the main frame work they frame was made light to keep the weight down one restricted the engine size of the 4 stroke machines to 8 HP and if the unit was abused too much like jumping over thing the was cracking most of the time where the 4 small 3/4 inch bars tucked under the bottom of the seat.
Steve :scooter: