WTB: Angled carburetor adapter thinges?

Looking for angled carburetor/intake manifold for two Briggs & Stratten engines. One is a very healthy 2HP flathead with the carburetor that has a built in gas tank and the other is a 6HP OHV with the bowl-style carburetor. Both engines are being used on frames that have tilted engine mounts.

Last edited:

jrzmac

you could probly get one for the 6 horse, but I doubt your gonna find one for the 2 hp! theres a guy(Hamlin57) that sells an adapter for a couple of bucks. it's just an angled piece of aluminum. works great!

heres where you can get the intake. I doubt it'll fit on the smaller engine: #33301T SLANTED INTAKE MANIFOLD

Sent a message but it doesn't look like he has been active since February. Does anyone else make these?

Edit: Hamlin57 only makes these for Tecumseh engines.

Last edited:
You could use a Tecumseh H50 -60-70 intake manifold, and grind it at the same angle....

If your float works right, you don't need the angle.. I have ran several of them angled and they just work with no complaints.. :shrug:

buckeye

I see what you are syin. Looks like the hole on the adapter and the intake are off.
I know jrz wouldn't suggest it if it didn't work right. He is kinda like that. Unlike me, just rig it up, get in a hurry and fix it again 10 times then buy the right thing.

2x stud mounted bolts... IMO.
that would be the proper way but then I guess then it wouldn't cost just a couple bucks...

what the hell if it works why not who am I to say...:shrug:

I've already spent a week designing and making a part and then threw it in the scrap barrel because it was a stupid idea to begin with...:hammer:

that would be the proper way but then I guess then it wouldn't cost just a couple bucks...

what the hell if it works why not who am I to say...:shrug:

I've already spent a week designing and making a part and then threw it in the scrap barrel because it was a stupid idea to begin with...:hammer:
I know see the extra large bolt holes for a straight thru attachment..... :crying:

I know see the extra large bolt holes for a straight thru attachment..... :crying:
your idea would be best...couple of short threaded studs on each side that are perpendicular to each flange face...gasket on each side...pop it in and tighten up the 4 nuts!

....that would be slick and still be cheap to make.:thumbsup:

Jamie1972

Give these guys a shout.......They may have what you need??

"hi, yes we are still in buisness. we have moved to a new bigger location. 25211 van born, taylor mi 48180 313 908-4844 mon-sat "