WTB: JCPenney El Tigre chrome forks

markus

the bird built el tigres used the flat across bars, I have seen them with 2 different headtube designs but I think the spacing might be about the same.

The forkplate is on the outside not inset, the way the lower fender mount was designed seemed to vary.

Roper/sears bikes usually used the ape hanger style bars on their forks. The El tigre style are ALOT more comfortable for an adult rider, I preferred the ride of the el tigre over the sears bikes I have had. All the eltigres were also suspension forks, some of the roper bikes were not.

That's kinda what I thought too. That being said, I actually have an extra un-sprung Roper front-end available already... I know it fits, cause it's already been put on the frame once. :thumbsup: If I can't find the correct ones, I'll just use that. I mean Hell, it was close enough to fool TRK... :laugh::thumbsup:

Too bad it's not an All American Maverick El Tigre. I have a set of forks for one of them I'd sell that need rechroming but otherwise nice with all parts.

I appreciate the heads up, but already got two spare sets of Roper forks in the pile. They do fit right up, just really hoping to get lucky and find the right ones. :thumbsup: