Wutizzit? Yard sale find.

OK, guys, searching that I think it's a 99 or a 100? Entire engine probably not original, seat not original or redone. Do these have serial numbers? I did not see any but I'm escaping the heat indoors right now, LOL.

Thanks for the link, which led me to the Taco Registry page where I learned where the serial number is. It was under the grease. Ser# 9H2023.

1969 Taco 100! :biggrin:

Engine does not have spark, but the spare white B&S engine that came with, which is partially visible in the pix above, does run. Got it started on the floor of the garage. Nifty!

Welcome. I'd check the date on that Briggs before discounting it. It looks like it had a flo jet carb but someone swapped a pulse a jet and tank on there.

minibikin', Yes, the PO said he replaced the old carb with the pulse jet (and tank) because the bowl drain screw threads were stripped. I asked if he still had it but he said no, it was junk because the bowl threads were stripped. I didn't say anything but I sure wish he had not thrown that fixable carb out. The engine is a 1971 80302.

Neck, the white engine is a 1969 130202, so that's probably 5hp? One of the vintage ads for the 100 at steenstacominibikes.com sez the bike should have a 200cc B&S and that's 12.2ci so maybe they rounded up and called it a 13? Also, the ad shows a pulse jet carb. So maybe the white engine is original. Or maybe it's close enough to use for it.

Any ideas what colors the early 100s came in? I'd like to choose from a factory palette.

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Taco Blue was more Plumb Crazy than Blue, My 69 T100 was purple, as was my 71 ST100. And they must have gotten a deal on white engines that month!