yamaha blaster engine swap

Hi does anyone know if you can swap the engine on a yamaha blaster with a briggs or tecumseh. I may have found a blaster with a possible bad engine and have a 8hp briggs on hand. Any info would be helpful.

It just wouldn't give you the same power as the normal 2 stroke 200. Plus finding a matching rear sprocket to bolt onto the rear end to match your pulley would be hard, or to even replace your clutch to match the rear sprocket isn't easy. Not saying it won't work, but I for sure wouldn't do it.

could i not just match a centrifical clutch size to the rear sprocket. I was just trying to fiqure it out, dont even know if i will get the quad. what would it cost to rebiuld the original blaster engine roughly it has been sitting. Thank you for your help.

its been done.....I have actually seen one for sale on EBAY.
I didnt get to see the details of how it was done but it looked funny.

Dependeing on what the blaster engine needs it could be around $100 or lots more.

Just a fresh bore and new piston and rings and gaskets will run around $100 or you might get lucky and it might not be running because a reed valve is broke mine did that (broke off and ate it) and after finding the problem it was a cheap easy fix.

I have a blaster in the garage right now that I'm trying to stuff a 200cc lifan(chinese) engine into and it is a handful.

125ccCrazy

the qaud will be too slow to even have any fun with....once it got rolling you could steady cruise but for trail riding and taking off it will be a dog....

Fix the 200 or look for a bigger 2 stroke eng with gears....

with a tc it would work but with a clutch it wouldnt be worth the trouble. If the engine is all there just not working its best just to fix the one its got.