Super tryke rebirth

Took her out on her maiden voyage yesterday, sucker runs like a top. Ran it pretty good for twenty miles, varying my rpms and changed the oil when i got back. Great acceleration but the throttle is a little stiff, adjusting on that. Bought a cheap twist grip and broke it already but got a much better one coming. If this one doesn't work out will probably switch to a thumb throttle. Haven't found one for 1" handle bars but can modify a 7/8" one if need be.

I've been very lucky with stuff like that. I have a very good heald hauler that a guy just gave me outright because he didn't use it. Sometimes you just have to wait awhile to get the good deals.
That's for sure, me too Joe.

My Super Bronc came about similarly.

$75 , 10 am Craigslist ad, from a town 5 hours from me. It had to be picked up by 3 pm that day, as the moving van was pulling out, with no more space.!

I was blessed again in that I had a good friend in that same town, sent her the money, and she went and got it for me. The guy threw in a nos Clinton from some mail order build an engine class. Sold the Clinton at Windber for $100 !

So I essentially got paid $25 to get them off his hands.

That's for sure, me too Joe.

My Super Bronc came about similarly.

$75 , 10 am Craigslist ad, from a town 5 hours from me. It had to be picked up by 3 pm that day, as the moving van was pulling out, with no more space.!

I was blessed again in that I had a good friend in that same town, sent her the money, and she went and got it for me. The guy threw in a nos Clinton from some mail order build an engine class. Sold the Clinton at Windber for $100 !

So I essentially got paid $25 to get them off his hands.
Man, that was a sweet deal. I love it when that sorta thing happens.

Just posting an update. Had the trike on the road about 2 weeks now, got the new throttle installed and the bugs worked out. I found some fork boots that fit on eBay, looks pretty cool. Also got some reproduction super trike stickers on eBay that I put on. I can't stop riding it, I love it. It's an aggravation to go to work because I just want to ride. Couldn't have done it without the good people here on old mini bikes, you all are the best. Many thanks again and merry Christmas. Special thanks to spark wizard and Mr pink on the wiring problems.

looks sharp!!!! nd if you start havin problems wit hthat 40 series driver hangin up, just get the 44c driver, way less hassles and troubles then the 40's. I think if you leave the engine gov'd to stock (3600ish rpm? it might be ok, but they seem to hangup more often the higher you go past that. Enjoy that beast