Who’s the powell experts….

Ok here’s the question of the day….I’ve never seen a Powell in person….until now….so I’m assuming that the “shifter” engages the belts…..why does the motor mounting plate rock?….. not seeing the forest for the trees…..

does the motor engage and disengage the belts?

So your model (mine is a E suffix) D or earlier, the whole thing is different for engagement. My motor mounts are fixed on the E model and some of the earlier ones the engine moves with a lever. I just now realized that the pictures I posted of the pulley assembly thing I made is not for your bike if the engine is tilted by the plate. There are pictures available on the web that show the detenting of the shift lever that tilts the engine. The earlier powells had B&S engines mine had a tecumseh.

Thanks! Mine a C model….I have the original briggs but mine will have a Tecumseh on when I’m finished….

i noticed one “shifter” attached to the motor in a picture…very curious set up….

curious if you know if I can make the spark arrestor work on a Tecumseh

1139 c

The Tecumseh one is different and fits on a Tecumseh dog leg muffler. I got mine from David wulf, needed a mount ear fixed. Also the stock ex pipe blew soot on the frame first time I drove it so I pressed it out and made a longer pipe.
Thanks maybe I can find someone to trade…

can you explain how to remove this original clutch…is it the two nuts?

Well it’s been a day or two but finally got the frame back to almost right…working on the strap today…gathering knowledge from a young man in Utah…not a member here unfortunately…but I’d say by spring we’ll be ripping and tearing on this jewel…
IMG_5909.jpeg

Itype2slo

Well it’s been a day or two but finally got the frame back to almost right…working on the strap today…gathering knowledge from a young man in Utah…not a member here unfortunately…but I’d say by spring we’ll be ripping and tearing on this jewel…
View attachment 307567
I think you might be missing the metal strap that holds the front of the swingarm down. see the center of this rusty frame,

Attachments