Search results

1. M

Tecumseh HS40-50 Stroke

Do the Tecumseh HS40 and HS50 both have the same stroke?
  2. M

Mikuni jetting help

I have been building a twin engine go kart over the winter and it is nearing completition. It is powered by two Tecumseh HS50's. I built the hs50s with billet rods, new rings, seals, etc... I milled the head down a little to bump up the compression, fabricated a intake for the mikuni and opened...
  3. M

356 OHV 5.5 tecumseh Cam in a HS50

Will a 356 OHV 5.5hp cam fit in a HS50? I know the arc rods will, but will the cam? They look the same? Like this one? Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshafts 356 OHV 5 5 HP U2 Race Engine Karts | eBay
  4. M

Tecumesh HS50 with Mikuni Help

Here are some pictures of it. Going back through my email the cams might not be as expensive as I thought. If I get the cams what else will I have to get for them? When I had the kart together two years ago it went 50mph with hs50's that did not really run right. I would like to go 60mph with...
  5. M

I wanted to play it safe so I just knocked .010 off. I can always knock more off. I have a couple of spare heads so I will knock some off those and can switch those out later. I didnt get a cam because this is going on a twin engine go kart and two cams would be close to $500. I also have a...
  6. M

The bore is also .020 over.
  7. M

Yes, I have arc billet rod with the govoner removed. (Cylinders have been honed, fresh rings, head studs, port work, made my own intake) Anything I can do to gain something extra power. (I was going to run alcohol but I would have to advance the timing etc..) There is still plenty of room to...
  8. M

I have a tecumseh HS50 I am rebuilding. I have a mikuni 24mm taper bore carb. I shaved the head .010 for more compression. I plan on running turbo blue fuel. What range jet sizes will I need? Thanks for the help.
  9. M

Vintage Twin Engine Bug Sprint Build

These are the lastest pictures of chassis pretty much complete.
  10. M

Vintage Twin Engine Bug Sprint Build

So last year I picked up a twin engine bug sprint. When I got it I decided to tear it down and repaint it. I ended up driving it for the summer, but was never happy with it. It would go 50mph but I wanted it to look better. So a couple of months ago I decided to tear it down again, the first...
  11. M

HS50 help!

I have two hs50s that I run on my twin engine go kart. I decided to take them both apart and clean them up and upgrade them some. The first engine came apart no problem, but on the second engine I cant get the side cover off. It comes out about a 1/4" and stops. When it moves the crank moves...
  12. M

milling a hs50 head?

How long did you make your fire slot and how deep?
  13. M

milling a hs50 head?

Im going to mill the head to bump the compresion up. Im also going to run alcohol and a mikuni carb. I figured the alcohol would like the added compression. I'll probably end up putting a fire slot in as well.
  14. M

running a fuel pump?

Thank you. Do i have to worry about oil getting in the pump and Gumming it up running it like tha?
  15. M

running a fuel pump?

I never noticed a crankcase vent on my tecumseh hs50s. Where is it located?
  16. M

running a fuel pump?

What is a pluse line? Does that route to the crank case to draw vacuum to run the pump?
  17. M

running a fuel pump?

A picture would be great! Thank you!
  18. M

running a fuel pump?

Does anybody out there run a fuel pump on there tecumseh? I am building a twin engine go kart with 5hp tecumsehs. (Going to shave the heads to bump the compression, run alcohol and mikuni carbs). Can somebody point me towards a good fuel pump to use. Thanks Matt ( i will eventually start...
  19. M

milling a hs50 head?

Has anybody milled a hs50 head? I want to knock the head down, does anybody know how much you can take off before having clearance issues. Does anybody have any contact info for tim isky?
  20. M

Go kart throttle pedal linkage

How do you guys have your throttle pedal linkages set up? My cable keeps pulling out of the rod tha connects to the pedal. Pictures would be helpful Thanks matt