212cc

1. T

Predator 212cc Gas Tank

I just purchased a new Predator 212cc to go on a Cat mini bike frame. When I was installing the motor to the frame I noticed the gas cap was situated in the middle of the gas tank. This put the cap just under the center of the frame preventing it to be taken off for refueling. I have noticed...
  2. cxbra

Predator 212cc STOCK carb jetting.

Simple question, what is the size of the STOCK 212cc carb jet? I know people say to drill the jet to 0.35 which is something like an 89 jet. So stock would be something like a size 85 jet? I wont be doing any drilling, just seeing which jets I should buy to keep in my toolbox for future mods.
  3. jujupope

Breaking in New Predator 212cc

I brought a used Baja Dirt Bug for my Grandson for Christmas. The stock engine is so under powered that I purchased a Predator 212cc from HF an installed it. I have putted around the house at low to mid power for about an hour, and let it idle for about 1 hour. Is this enough break-in before I...
  4. G

Predator 212cc Parts

I need a new exhaust and airfilter, mine are broke. Please suggest what I should get?
  5. JoshM

Can a Predator 212cc engine be mounted on a slant mount?

I'm looking at buying a bike, but it has a slanted mount plate. Just curious if I'll run into any problems.
  6. J

predator 212cc engine upside down

Well I brought my new doodle bug project in to have the aluminum fuel tank welded and installed on my bike. After the guy brought it back out to me he said that he had to flip the bike up side down with the engine in it. I was like you did WHAT??? It did get oil in the piston and I had to...
  7. L

212cc predator cams

i was wondering how big i can go in cam size before i have to modify the block. also i am only interested in torque and not high rpm so i have it setup with the throttle so that the governor doesn't even kick in. so what is the biggest cam i can get? any info and advice is greatly appreciated...
  8. G

Need Help With Predator 212cc

My engine decided to act up on me, it won't start and the air filter box broke. I kinda accidentally left my go kart outside and it got a little wet. Long story short I now keep it in my garage and it won't start. Also the same night the air filter box cover decide to brake off. I'm talking...
  9. H

212cc compression

Hello all I would like to ask you guys what the best way to get compression cheaply and easily? I'm justo looking for more power thru out the powerband and heard compression is great for that. Also, will I notice a difference from a shaved head gasket? What about a gx200 bored carb compared to a...
  10. G

Predator 212cc Engine Governor?

I got the HF Predator 212cc engine for 100$ today and put it on and got it running (That's a big accomplishment for me, I'm only 14). Anyway I am a complete noob to engines. I want to remove my governor in about 2 weeks, by then I should have a working throttle and brake. Problem is I have no...
  11. J

Predator 212cc kill switch set up

I just picked up a HF Predator 212cc. Was wondering if someone here can show some pictures of the stock doodlebug kill switch and how EXACTLY it is wired into the new, black Harbor Freight 212cc engine. The stock kill has 2 wires coming out of it, one is a ground and should be attached to the...
  12. M

Predator 212cc gas tank bolt

I'm having trouble taking out the bolt by the throttle plate to get the gas tank out. Anyone have any ideas on how I can take it out because its really deep in there and it's hard to reach it. :shrug:
  13. M

Predator 212cc oil

What kind of oil should I put in my predator 212cc engine for he best profit mace for my engine?:shrug:
  14. jspec

Modified AZUSA street mini 212cc- TX area $300

Got this bike in a trade like the title says its an AZUSA frame from the looks of it. The previous owner stretched the back out to give it more of a street racer look. As to why he did that I have no clue :shrug: Im more of a origional style guy so if it fits you and your willing to pick it up...
  15. JoePapa

Predator 212cc - Crank shaft end play?

I recently purchased this motor from HF while it was on sale. It fires right up and runs great but I noticed the crank moving in and out. I stuck a gauge on there and it looks like the endplay is about .016-.017" On a V8 that that would be horrible. Is that equally bad on a this motor and...
  16. JoePapa

Predator 212cc on sale now - Harbor Freight

The $99 special is going on now at the Austin TX location - sale ends Sunday is what I understand. I don't know if you can get that same price online or not but it's listed on their website so it's a possibility. I picked up a motor with a 2 year full replacement warranty for $119.
  17. gturner598

212cc predator part out

The guy I bought my mini bike from told me the motor was only 3 months old. I rode it a handful of times and I am now parting out the motor if anyone needs parts. I purchased a new motor today an have no use for this one. Ran great with no issues Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. JoePapa

What is safe RPM for predator 212cc and which TAV is best?

Hi. I need your expertise. RPM related questions: ---------------------------------------------------------- I've read multiple articles on here and it seems like the HF 212cc Predator is a good motor for the price and it looks like there are a few upgrades out there to crank up the power...
  19. kzhorse

What is the predator 212cc Horse POwer

Everything I see here sais that it is 6.5 I cant find that anywhere in the specs.My recipt from HF calls it a 7 HP what is it really and where is it stated? Scott
  20. JimmyRigged

Stock Honda GX series parts to modify stock 212cc Predator?

So I bought a Honda gx160 and gx200 from a yard sale and I'm wondering if any of those parts can be used to gain up/modify one of my stock 212 predators (I have to use the predators in the league I'm in or I would just mod the Honda's haha) the predator only has a header, air filter, and drilled...