212cc

1. C

newbie needs advise..

So I bought a air filter kit and exhaust for my 212cc predator, I guess I am just wondering if u absolutely HAVE to re-jet my carb? Also, have any other little tricks to get a little better performance out of this thing? Don't worry I'm not touching the governor! Thanks
  2. GustoGuy

A solution for wheeling of Predator powered DB30

The Doodle Bug chassis with its short wheel base and high center of gravity which is centered over the rear wheel with a rider on it is the reason for the wheelie popping you experience with a Predator 212cc. For example a Baja Warrior bike handles the increased torque of the Predator 212cc with...
  3. GustoGuy

Are Predator 212cc Db30's not balanced correctly?

Well I haven't had any problems myself. Everyone else who rides my bike seems to lose control and wipes out. When accelerating hard you need to set forward on the seat or it likes to pop a wheelie on the unsuspecting victim.:shrug:. When I was in my late teens and early 20's I would ride...
  4. SonofLiberty776

Predator 212cc Engine Help??

Hello, I'm new to the forum, so hello all. But I just got a Baja doodlebug with a brand new Predator 212cc. Well during the day it runs great, no problems at all, but my favorite time to ride is at night but that is when I have problems. It will run for a few minutes, then bog out and die...
  5. P

Predator 212cc

Hello OldMiniBikes, yesterday I installed the predator 212cc engine. Everything works as it should, all that's left is to hook up the throttle cable and kill switch. I was wondering if anyone had a step by step guide or maybe even a video on youtube or somewhere that I could use as a guide.
  6. P

Predator 212cc engine

Hello OldMiniBikes, I just bought the 212cc engine by predator and before I put anything into it. I wanted to ask a question, what oil do you guys recommend for this engine? What brand?
  7. mrpat

Harbor Freight 212cc Coupon for April

Here is the latest coupon for anyone interested Cheers! Pat
  8. JoshM

Predator 212cc - $95.99 (March 24th only)

Not quite $79.99, but better than their current prices. 20% coupon 29553660. Can be used on any Pred engines, or anything really. Excludes : compressors, generators, tool storage/carts, welders, floor jacks, towable trencher. Coupon expires today.
  9. BobColeman

Built Predator 212cc 6.5 horse motor

pred clone air cleaner kit jetted billet connecting rod billet flywheel gas tank and recoil are powder coated white recoil is Black gov removed asking 300.00 local pick up 340.00 shipped need a pic send me a pm:thumbsup:
  10. T

Predator Motor 212CC for the Doodlebug

I was looking at Harbor Freight online at the Predator 212CC engines. There are 2 different types of 212cc engines offered by Predator. The first one : "212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine - Certified for California PREDATOR - item#69727" The second one: HORIZONTAL ENGINE, GASOLINE...
  11. S

Need help on 6.5hp clone modifications!

1. I removed the governor & plugged the hole 2. I set up my own throttle linkage 3. Just ordere 18lb valve springs 4. Also ordered a straight header Now what new mods or parts can be done? I was thinking new billet push rods but couldnt find any... Any help? I dont want to buy an...
  12. J

Harbor Freight Predator 212cc Quetions (Quad Project)

I am very new to these engines & has been about 2 years since I have bothered to mess around with small horizontal engines. Although I have not gone complete engine retard, I have stumbled upon some issues that I think may cause issues and just want some things clarified. Summary: I'm...
  13. L

212cc predator govoner problems

ok so i removed the throttle assembly plate and all the springs and stuff and marked it so they go in the same spot then i put it back together and now the throttle on the carb is any where to 100-50% open all the time and i dont know what happened i just cant figure it out any help is appreciated
  14. cxbra

Predator 212cc carb

Hey guys. I have a bone stock Predator and I have an issue with it cutting off anytime my bike is at an angle. Ive checked the plug and already know im running bone-dry lean (but it still revs great and gets good power). With the kickstand down, my bike is at like a 30 degree angle which does...
  15. L

212cc predator with gx 160 head

i was thinking about putting in a gx 160 head on my 212 cc predator right now every thing is stock except a header, air filter, adapter and a jet. i know i have to drill the guide post with a 7/16" bit but i don't know what is going to fit. will the header, carb, valve posts, valve retainers...
  16. cxbra

My governed 4400rpm Predator 212cc

Hey guys. I was pleased to find out that my engine is revving to 4400rpm bone stock :thumbsup:. I have the new style Predator 212 with governor connected, everything else is bone stock. The only thing ive done to this engine is add oil, gas and I backed out the throttle screw a bit. I tested my...
  17. S

Predator 212cc cold start

How do they start @ 20-25F? My experience with Kohler 6.5 HP is not very good. It takes many retries with electric starter. Pull start can produce only single ignition on each pull. But at 40F it starts on first pull. Is it going to be the same with Predator? If so I guess I'll need electric...
  18. S

Predator 212cc

My local HF has it on sale for $99, advertised as 7 HP?! But I have Kohler 6.5HP now and it's under power for my boat. So considering that Predators easy to mod, a couple of questions: With basic changes like air filter, exhaust, carb re-jet how much more power possible to squeeze from one...
  19. M

[2] Predator 212cc Engines

I bought 4 of these a while ago. The first 2 I ran for less than 5 min.. They both "surged" at idle. No idea why. I put these aside and have not touched them. I'm guessing it's something minor. $79.00 ea. plus exact shipping. PayPal "gift" please or check/money order is fine.
  20. T

WANTED: Predator 212cc Fuel Tank

I am looking for an older generation Predator 212cc fuel tank black with the gas cap on the right. I just purchased the engine new and the gas tank on it has the gas cap in the middle. This puts the gas cap underneath the frame making it impossible to refuel. Anybody got one?