1976 F250 1979 K5 Blazer

Been working on this K5 for 2yrs. Should be ready this summer for my son. Nose has been replaced along with both doors. And alot of welding on the rear quarters. Floors were really good. Only a few small spots required work. Had no interior so after answering many craigslist ads it is complete. 350 runs good and we just had the TH350 trans rebuilt. Has a 6" lift and 35" GoodYear Wranglers. The Ford I just bought a month ago. 1976 390 4spd. 7" lift and 40" Ground Hawgs. Needs nothing except that I want to change rims. Everything works on it and nothing has been hacked up over the years. On the Blazer everything has been touched by someone and we had to do alot of cleaning up of someone else's mess. My son likes working on the Blazer and it's what we have been up to since selling all of our minibikes.

45t

Both Look sweet! :thumbsup: Love the stocky stance of the Ford.

I'm a sucker for the 73-80 Chevy/GMC's.

They both look great Tim :thumbsup: When I was a lot younger my boss's son had a 78 K5 with an 8" lift and 48's :doah: It was fun watching his wife climb into it with a dress and heels (she was hot) :laugh:

wjustice

Thats a "high boy" ford isn't it? The transfer case is separate from the trans, real short rear driveshaft and Long front one. They were some heavy duty f250's. Dana 60 front axle and a 70 in the rear.

Meant to put this in the off topic section. Yes it's a highboy. I never was a Ford fan either but I like this style a lot. Not many around here in MA. Came from CT. Son and hisd friend all got Chevy's and love to give me a hard time for buying a Ford. We will see when they all start driving who's king of the mud. I have heard all good about the 390. I looked at 2 late 70 stepside Chevy's before I bought the Ford. Tough enough climbing into this can't imagine 8" lift and 48's Son likes vintage stuff. Also picked him up this 85 Honda Interceptor 700. 17k miles. Good first bike for him

45t

Thanks. 45t that GMC is awesome. I like the color. That would go good on the Blazer. A little more bodywork and it's will be ready for paint in the spring. He's going with Hawaiin Blue. It's a lighter blue factory color.
Thanks, the color is called Yuba Gold. It's suppose to be the original color, but I think the original had a lil more yellow to the hue and this repaint got some metallic flake added in.

Like them both, but the Ford looks great for it's age. I have a 1975 250 that I bought new and still use on the farm every year. No lift, big tires or any other mod, but It still gets used harder than most pickups do. We use it for a crop sprayer and when the ground is wet, rather than drive around a wet spot, we just put the hammer down and go for it. Yours is way too nice to abuse it like mine gets used, but they will take it time and time again.

Have fun with both and show a picture when the Blazer gets painted.

I had one in high school.. I think even with the price of gas back then it was over $100 week in gas... I hope he has a good job or you have deep pockets... Unless he is one of those video game kids.:laugh:

The F250 get's 7mpg. Haven't registered the Blazer yet but will prob do about 10mpg. When he's out of gas money he can drive my Tacoma that get's 24mpg. He's got 1 game. I don't know if that makes him a video game kid or not.