1976 Fox Chopper 70's cool !!

Nooooo not that Fox Chopper sorry. :laugh: This is a 1976 Garton-Fox bicycle out of Milwakee, Wisconsin sold at JC Penneys and other department stores. Fox was a huge player in the early years of motocross mainly made shocks for the Pros MX bikes.

This is a 1976 Garton-Fox bicycle out of Milwakee, Wisconsin sold at JC Penneys and other department stores. Fox was a huge player in the early years of motocross mainly made shocks for the Pros MX bikes.
Interesting....It has the same logo as Fox out of Janesville, I wonder when they partnered up? I have this Fox BMX I picked up years ago, it has a minibike style swingarm and shocks on the forks. Same Fox logo on the headtube, but mine was made in Janesville. I have a brochure for it somewhere...

Well that is a pretty cool looking bike Mark. Not sure when Garton/Fox partnered but I also have several Garton only bikes. With you being a Wisconsin boy you should have a couple in your stable.....and knowing you....you probably do. :thumbsup:

Its something I wanted to build just never got around to it. I sold one of my stingray bikes to get it. Just as it says ,steers backwards. Turn the handlebars left, the wheel turns right, handlebars right, wheel turns left. No reason for it ,I just like the weird stuff.

Itype2slo

In the 70s there was a company that made steering wheels that mounted to bikes like that and schwinns & Murray's. that bike would look even cooler with one.

Well that is a pretty cool looking bike Mark. Not sure when Garton/Fox partnered but I also have several Garton only bikes. With you being a Wisconsin boy you should have a couple in your stable.....and knowing you....you probably do. :thumbsup:
Nope, no Garton bikes....but I do have a pretty sweet Coast To Coast "Duster" musclebike:thumbsup:

here is mine a 100% original Fox Chopper. Red Stamped Femco wheels. I am looking for a fork if anyone has one laying around. GF manufactured a Montgomery Wards Silver Fox a year prior to this Fox offering so a Silver Fox fork will work as they are the same forks.