1976 Rupp for sale.

Centaur.....that baby looks all original :drool:

THAT's something that Elvis would drive with Ann Margaret in the "Queen" seat......:cool: !!!!

Well That is a great price for the Centaur if it is running and it does look like it is all there it is a 1975 model because Rupp never produced a 1976 run. The body change for the two seat made it a lets call it an very exciting ride for any passenger who's head was up in the wind sitting on a very small seat area and as often refereed to as a ( E Ticket Ride )
The trike fits drivers who are around 5' 10" or below best. I could write you books about the problems the riders had with the Trike in general burning pistons gear boxes that grind up. And no one ever wanted to work on them.

RUPP made it as a three wheel commuter and never refereed to it as a Trike just a 1/2 car 1/2 motorcycle. I produced a run of T-Shirts in 4 colors and changed the art work to call it a Centaur Trike. I sold them to people all over the place. And I gave one to ScooterBoy as a gift that was the last one I had in medium size.
The Centaurs have been converted to VW Power and Subaru Power but very few have survived with the stock two stroke engines.
To me the classic look is the ultimate form of a trike but I just don't fit in the trike. and It would be like cutting up a classic Corvette and making a pick up out of it. Just something I could not do. So it has to go.
Steve :scooter:

buckeye

Great trike,mini car,whatever it was that you said. Thanks for the history lesson.
See it knowledge like this that just rocks!! Thanks Steve.
When is you mini bike the early years book going to be availiable?? That would keep ya busy.

Rupp Centaur.

Steve, there is one that comes up for sale near me that was owned by your friend Mr Grace. Its on craigslist now. The guy didnt pay as much as he is asking. :)

1974 Rupp Centaur Trike
Well he did a lot of work on the trike but a lot of changes are his choice and not a stock built like Bob's machine. As for me I would never invest that much money into a machine with that type of engine.
Mine was to be a 1776 CC Skat powered vw engine the engine is about $5,000.00 when done. Mine is 100% new parts and is still apart in my bedroom the assembly and balancing was going to cost $600.00 Not being built as a hot rod just a great long life engine. The trans axle has been rebuilt with Freeway Flyer gearing. And.
But I have to get out of the project and pass the dream on to someone else.
That Trike is like mine a single seat model and mine is Red in color.

Welcome glamor : Well I don't know if any of the Rupp Centaurs ever made it to Australia but where ever that go they always get attention because of their classic style.
The other trike I had got so much attention it was dangerous people looking and taking pictures of it while driving. And that was my Tri-Sport RTS 440. I have given myself the boot many times for ever selling it. I will put up some pictures of that trike.
Steve :scooter:

The last two pictures are of two friends that have Rupp Centaurs and live in Missouri