Any info on the 2009 Portland minibike show?

I have heard good things about the event and wanna go bad, but need to know the dates and how much. If there is a web site let me know where it is? Also is there a bike show with prizes and what are some rules? I want to bring some bikes to ride and hang out! Let me know thanks. also who is going?

Last edited:

delray

x-90 it's all about cushman bikes, right:thumbsup:i have been told it's good show to see. lots of cushmans to see and some minibike stuff too.

I checked the calender and july 14 -17th is tuesday through friday??? I tryied looking at the jay county fairgrounds site and i didnt get any info. Mabey the stuff is not listed yet?

delray

why is it in the middle of the week? and not on the weekend?(thur-sunday):doah: O'well, i will just have to burn up some of my 4weeks of vacation:thumbsup:...................:scooter:

I believe them dates are right. Most of the scooter people are retired and don't really care what day it is. Plus the fair ground's rental is probably cheaper on the week days. I went to the show last year on a thursday. It's a pretty big show and as stated above mostly scooters. There was a few minibikes and parts there but not much. I didn't find any deals but it could happen. It was an enjoyable day even though it was hotter than heck. If you like looking at tricked out old scooters you'll have a good time.

Portland is pretty much cleared out by Thursday. People swoop in there looking for stuff as early as Monday. All in all, it's a pretty good show though.

The dates are correct. Portland Indiana is the town and It is July 14-17 2009 at the Jay county Fair Grounds and it is easy to find. It is the 37 Annual Vintage Motor Bike Club. Or (VMBC) as they abbreviate it. They do not have a web site there old fashioned. Remember your out were the Corn and the Rednecks are thick. They have a email address to the secretary at (vmbc.tc@att.net) if that helps anyone. It cost me 25 dollars to join the VMBC at the gate last year for both my wife and myself. And includes the magazine they send to you a couple of times a year and also lets you into the event for the whole time including if you come early. People start to get there four two five days early and set up there campers and vending spots. This year I,m taking my camper and staying at the event from Sunday to Friday. The best thing a bout the Portland show is the riding your able to do. It is in the middle of BFE and you can ride your bike out in the country as far as your gas tank can take you. A lot of guys carried a small tank of gas strapped to there luggage racks if they had one. They have a poker run and last year they rode 20 miles to Small Engine Warehouse and back. Also they have a auction and show bikes for judging. There is also food vender's there. And You can ride your minibikes into town and pick up beer and pizza at the stores. It is cool riding your minibike right past the Portland cops and they just smile and wave to you. You just have to obey the the stop signs and your speed in town same as in your car. This event brings a lot of money into there town I was told buy some locals. So if you come bring your good bikes you will do a lot of riding and that best part of this event you get a dozen or so guys together and see the corn and soybean fields in the Corn belt of the world.

Wow A event durring the week! I guess i can check it out after all!. I will probably be going Just to see what its all about. I hear good things. I really like riding around on the minis the most. The shows are ok, but i like to enjoy them. So who know how much it is to camp out there?

I not sure on the price if your camping. I would not think it is to much. I do not think they have a lot of sites that have electricity, Those go first. They have a huge field where everybody else sets up there camper. A lot off guys ran generators for power. That is whey I join the VMBC so I was to be able to drive back to were Brandt and the rest of the Rupp guys that are at Windber. Other wise I had to park up front in the fair ground parking lot and pay a 3-4 dollar gate fee per person each each day to get in. So you maybe able to camp with the membership. These guys need to have a better way of advertising this event then just putting it in there magazine and no phone number for information. I am surprised with how big it is with out a lot of advertisement. One other cool thing they do there is there is a long section of straight asphalt road in the back in the field were everybody drag races each other on. it was fun to watch and be involve in last year. Some guy had a snowmobile there last year with wheels on the back and front and it was quick.