Cat99 driven question

I have a heathkit hilltopper and the driven part of the torque converter is in bad shape. Can I replace the driven section of a cat99 in this bike with a 30 driven unit?

I see that they are both asymmetrical. Sorry for the questions but I am new to this. I want to still use the stock covers

It's still a 30 series however it has the 5/8" bore you need to fit your jack shaft.
ASSUMING the diamiter is the same as the cat99 it may work ... not 100% but close ...
The cat99 belt would be 1/8" narrower than the 30 series calls for so it would sit lower in the driven costing you some low end.
On the otherhand you could try a 30 series belt but you need to make sure it wont sit to far on the outside of the driver, it would wear the belt out fast if the belt was not in contact with the driver surface on start/accelerate.

My seat of the pants guess says a 30 series driven with a cat99 driver and belt may be a working combination.
Both have the same belt angles.
you would have to adjust the center distance between the driver and driven to find the "sweet spot".

ASSUMING the series 30 driven is the same or nearly the same diamiter as the cat99 driven.

Last edited:

george3

30 series whole assembly is wider than cat99. the driver for the cat99 wont work with the 30 series with out mods. Or just replace both. make sure your driven axel is long enough to fit the wider assembly. total width is wider.