Cylinder Head guru's please!!!

65ShelbyClone

Shelby:

Yeah R&E can be alittle pricey at times. But my boy Cuda runs the show over there & he takes care of me. I got another hook up over at Riders Choice also for fuel supply. And my boy Kelly's folks own the Napa Auto Parts over off of Sierra Hwy. He can order 55 gallon drums of whatever octane at cost. I just don't know if I want a huge barrel of explosives sitting anywhere around my water heater :weld: So where abouts are you located here in the wonderful AV?
I see. It's not what you know, but who you know. :wink: If you don't want a 55gal drum of the stuff sitting around getting stale, you could always get a 15 or 30gal. One of these days I plan on going down to Brentwood or up to Tulare to get a big batch of E85. Then I just need a flex fuel sensor and some other hardware to see what the actual percentage is. I'm out in Lake Hughes, better known as " the sticks." A lot of people don't know where that is so I usually just say "A.V." or "Lancaster."

Last edited:
I see. It's not what you know, but who you know. :wink: If you don't want a 55gal drum of the stuff sitting around getting stale, you could always get a 15 or 30gal. One of these days I plan on going down to Brentwood or up to Tulare to get a big batch of E85. Then I just need a flex fuel sensor and some other hardware to see what the actual percentage is. I'm out in Lake Hughes, better known as " the sticks." A lot of people don't know where that is so I usually just say "A.V." or "Lancaster."
I'm familiar with the ol Lake Hughes, did alot of partying back in the day out at Spunky Canyon. Plus I do alittle golfing out there sometimes & I know a few broads out that way :^) As for the drum it deffinitely wouldn't get stale. I'd have people calling me at all hours of the night to buy thst stuff. We do alittle street racing out here from time to time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mRsyN6V1aM

Chaulk one up for the local boys!!!!
Thats a high 9's turbo honda getting it's ass handed to him by my buddies fuel injected nitrous stick shift fox body mustang.

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

I wish I had known about that VP station when I was looking for race gas for my turbo Briggs project. I was willing to pay $5/gal at the time and they probably had it for less than that.

Sounds like that Honda couldn't hook up, but still awful fast. My '68 notchback sure isn't going to run down a spinning 9 sec car. I was glad to see the Fox3 out in front, though. :biggrin:

Yeah it's a shame about that gas station. Seems like they were only doing the promotion pricing for a little while or maybe someone that worked there just didn't know what they were suppose to be selling the higher octane stuff for? Who knows, only down side is that place isn't 24hrs? I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't mind paying that much for the fuel if they were in a pinch & there was some money to be made on the strip...

As for the turbo car, it spun alittle in first & second. I was at the starting line & it wasn't as bad as it sounded. That honda had a set of 6ft wheelie bars coming out the back with a good amount of preload on um. The driver just had a rough night, you can here him bouncing that thing off the limiter quite a few times. My buddies Fox went 10.20's up at Famoso in Bakersfield with that car. Although it seems to work alittle better on our street :^)

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

As for the turbo car, it spun alittle in first & second. I was at the starting line & it wasn't as bad as it sounded. That honda had a set of 6ft wheelie bars coming out the back with a good amount of preload on um. The driver just had a rough night, you can here him bouncing that thing off the limiter quite a few times.
All that time on the limiter is why I thought it was spinning. Rough night indeed!