Dune Cycle Trike Anything Goes Class

I will straighten the lower part of the forks and get a new front tire the upper forks will be cut off and I'm going to use bicycle handle bars, not sure if they will be 12 or 18 inch rise :shrug:

I'll add 18 inchs here under the seat with some cross bracing :thumbsup:

The only trike I have ever had the chance to ride was a Dune Cycle! I believe my friend said it had a Rotax snow mobile engine!! It was a wild ride!! That was about 25 years ago and still remember it like it was yesterday.....but can't recall what I did last week! :laugh: Looking forward to following this one!!

The only trike I have ever had the chance to ride was a Dune Cycle! I believe my friend said it had a Rotax snow mobile engine!! It was a wild ride!! That was about 25 years ago and still remember it like it was yesterday.....but can't recall what I did last week! :laugh: Looking forward to following this one!!
Jason they are a blast to ride and even more fun to throw sideways on the dirt track :thumbsup: The motor for this one is already done a resides right now on my T555 :doah: This trike will be a shorter wheel base and weigh much less and ought to be a great flat track racer :thumbsup:

I think you have enough problems in the turns. Lol.You might want to reconsider the live axle. There are adapters you can put on the hubs to run 4 bolts wheels..

And I think you have a Dunecycle 100s not a flat tracker

I think you have enough problems in the turns. Lol.You might want to reconsider the live axle.
I never had any problem staying upright in the flat track races :thumbsup: Unless we are outlawing live axels that what I am going to run :thumbsup: Weren't you thinking about using one on you new build :shrug:

I thought the butchered frame had a live axle. But it had some weird double bearing and two seperate axles in it. I actually put in a differential and added a 4th bearing hanger. Beefing up some other places with gussets. Making it heavy duty.... Might leave the drivetrain stock so I can let others try it out. I might also put the body I have on it as well... I have a lot of welding and grinding to do.... Too damn cold though... I'll need to take into work to get more done before spring.
Are you not going to race the TT course? And with a little to much water on the track you may not be able to turn even on those corners of the oval. It certainly will be harder to make the sharp cuts to get in front of someone unless hitting the brakes. Powering the motor wont let you turn as fast by sliding the rear end. We have been riding these things for a while with both differentials and live axles. If you want to turn. You need the differentials. I hate to see you spend money to do it twice when you arent happy with the live axle over the differential.

Last edited: