Flexo Big Bear Scrambler

tomsprops

I'm just learning about the Flexo's myself .I'm working on the same frame as yours. I think JTG and Steve D know alot about these mini's .:surrender:

No offense, but that seat looks nothing like the ones in the brochure ad.

I made a template for mine awhile back that I think is very accurate, then sent it to Kenny. He made me a very nice seat that looks correct sitting on the bike.

If you look closely, you can see that the seats in the brochure ads don't even fully cover the top tubes of the frame...

JTG

Right after Flexo took over for Go Kart Mfg. they had an optional oversize seat which really didn't fit the bike. Through most of the sixties they went back to the standard tuck and roll naugahyde 1" pleat, 7" long 4" wide. I think this is the seat Tom is referring to. But when Flexo introduced the Super Scrambler in 1968 they included the new seat pictured on Ricks bike.

tomsprops

I was looking at my Mini bike guides yesterday doing research on Flexo's and saw this seat sold as a accessory in most of thier ad's . I also saw seat's that kind of looked like Taco's on some of thier Big Bear Scambler test ?

I took this off a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler as well as the foot pegs. The engine runs. If it's the original, it may help for a restoration. $250 for all to your door OBO.

Rick, the engine wouldn't be original, and the cost to ship is what it's worth without the clutch. The clutch would be a nice score for someone in the $20 range.

The Flexo never came with footpegs. Those are a nice vintage set though. Should bring $10 - $20 on ebay.

DID I MENTION ITS THE SCUBA VERSION LOL
A Swatch?? Scuba Steve style? Wow.. :doah: now theres somethin ya don't see every day.. :laugh:

Yeah the motor can't be original.. It looks to be mid 80's rototiller. The first two digits of the CODE number will tell ya the year..

I'm with Injunktom.. Maybe 60 bucks shipped or something.. :shrug: They really aren't that valuable.. Ebay is probably your best bet.. :thumbsup: