Help needed for students build off bike

One of my students build off bikes has an engine that needs parts. Instead of spending hours trying to find everything and buying the wrong stuff I thought maybe all you could help me. Here is the info I can provide.
The engine came off of a Trail Horse, it is a 2.5 hp. I believe it is a early 1970's engine (no data tag). I need a gasket set including the head gasket, crank seals, a crankshaft, connecting rod, piston and rings, governor lever that sticks outside the engine that is connected to the carb, and a set of valves. Any help finding this stuff would be GREATLY appreciated. Luckily the other engine is engines are in good shape. I have included a couple of pictures if it helps. Thanks

DSC01105.JPG DSC01106.JPG DSC01107.JPG DSC01108.JPG DSC01109.JPG DSC01110.JPG

markus

side or rear exhaust? if side front or rear tank? Whats the problem with the crankshaft? Is it a steel sleeve block with a little divit on the left side of the exhaust valve seat or an aluminum bore clylinder, if its aluminum bore is it a steel or aluminum flywheel (will help to get you workable part numbers)

side or rear exhaust? if side front or rear tank? Whats the problem with the crankshaft? Is it a steel sleeve block with a little divit on the left side of the exhaust valve seat or an aluminum bore clylinder, if its aluminum bore is it a steel or aluminum flywheel (will help to get you workable part numbers)
It is a rear exhaust. I don't know how to answer the other question but I have included more pictures. As far as what is wrong with the crankshaft, it looks like the engine was run low on oil and it messed up the journal. There is a bump worn into the crank and the rod. It created a ton of slop. They both have to be replaced.

DSC01118.JPG DSC01117.JPG DSC01116.JPG DSC01111.JPG DSC01112.JPG DSC01113.JPG DSC01114.JPG DSC01115.JPG DSC01116.JPG

Last edited:

markus

member John G. has an H25 listed in the for sale section, the numbers off it would be acceptable to use for all the parts you will be looking for. His may be newer by a year or so but it will only effect part numbers of things you dont have listed. heres the numbers off that engine: H25-25196h

James Ackerman has that longblock H35 listed as well that's a 1971-1974 engine, the crank in that also crosses with yours, or you can retrofit your external parts to it, hard to say if its any good internally but the price is right on it and possibly worth the risk.

Scott I think I have a new replacement rod for a H35.....not sure if its what you need. But I will check on it tomorrow for you, let me know if it will help .