Hooking up light to the lighting coil????

Doug, that's hilarious.

Having owned both a Triumph car, and a Triumph motorcycle....I must say, I was blessed....I never had any electrical issues.

Just don't get me started on stromberg (sp?) carbs...:laugh:

Thanks for the info on the small engine wiring y'all....:thumbsup:
It is only truly appreciated if you have ever owned a Lucas Electrical system. I have never owned one but have worked on more than a few...

Doug

Any of you old guys remember the old saying about Lucas Electrical?
Lucas Electrical = "The Prince of Darkness"
Back in 1972 I owned a 1963 Triumph Spitfire. Sporty little car and fun too drive, but the electrical? OH BOY!! I can remember driving down the So Cal Freeways at night and having the headlights and taillights go off , then come back- on more than once.
Michael

That sounds right to me. Just don't let out the smoke..... Doug
During my two decades as an aircraft electrician, we'd get "gripes" about something smoking, maybe the autopilot amplifier, or the synchrophaser. If the flight engineer was a dick, we'd sign off the discrepancy with "put smoke back in amplifier," and the like.

When I couldn't source an unobtainium AP 4600 6VDC Head Lamp housing for my Powell, I made a switch box for the side of the frame and chromed it. Ended up with so much wire, I elected to set up a small terminal block, so the harness was removable with the switch box as a unit. I mean...this stuff is so much more simple than a 42 pin rack connecter with soldered on shielded wiring. I also use cable covers that work like Chinese finger traps. Makes the installation clean and slick. No wires poking out from the nether regions.

ASH Receiver: Our birds had those too. Same as in my garage. Somewhere I have a box full of the Tec connectors and pins.

P25.JPG