I'm finally becoming an adult

I wound up getting my inspection money back, after I called american home shield and told them everything this ass clown inspector missed.now I did still pay for the termite inspection and radon.this inspector was highly suggested by my realtor, he was pretty worthless. I had used a different inspector for another house, that I did not get, he was with the same company, and he was very knowledgable.and of course my wife said in the beginning to use the first one, but I went with the assclown.

Also...if you don't agree with what they are taxing you on.... get the ball rolling now. I was being taxed on 118,000$ when I only paid 57,500$. Took 2 years..... but I got a big refund of my tax $. Valued @ 68,000$ now. Saved me thousands already and will forever.:wink::thumbsup:

Don't know about your areas of the world but here we can "homestead" our primary residence, it cuts the value an additional $50,000. then they tax you. Cut my taxes about half.

My inspector couldn't check the natural gas because it was off. The underwriter wanted a reinspection after the gas company turned the gas on. They billed me an additional $350. for the reinspection. I went ballistic. The gas company won't just turn the gas on and leave. They make sure you won't explode. I had an account number. Underwriter was a dick. Well I withheld the $350. at closing. I'll walk away. The mortgage broker covered it. They should since they'd said there'd be no charge for the reinspection. The company had my card info and hit my card without my ok.

Congrats on the house purchase! W came from a condo where I never had to do any yard work or snow removal, to a 2 acre lot with a 100-ft driveway lol.
A rude awakening of sorts lmao.

I only paid 57,500$. Took 2 years..... b
Where can you buy a house for $68,000?
That sounds like a real good deal

Markets are different up here.
But I paid WAY too much for this house in 2001 at 105,000.
Today I am told 250,000 ( pass the crack pipe please Mr Realtor ).
But I do infact see people buying and selling homes at high prices.

A guy purchased a rat hole up the street from me.
1200 square foot home in very poor shape for 175k ( these were all small entry level homes built on the cheap in an unorganzised township in the 50-60s ).
He gutted it right down the studs when he realized how bad it was.
He knocked it down and I see a row of blocks twuce the size for the new basement.

Where do people get this money?
You could spend the rest of your life trying to pay that off on a working man's wage and some people actualy will try it....

Bikerscum

San Francisco just recently topped $1,000,000 average, & I think it's about $650,000 Bay Area.

It's just money.

Where's that nutjob that used to be on here saying money has no value... maybe he was onto something :laugh:

San Francisco just recently topped $1,000,000 average, & I think it's about $650,000 Bay Area.

It's just money.

Where's that nutjob that used to be on here saying money has no value... maybe he was onto something :laugh:
He was right.
Madness what we do and are willing to except to keep a rooof over head and food on the table.

They say cave men lived a life a lot more at ease than we do.
They hunted and gathered and ate as they went.
Not much stress there, and I bet rates for cave loans were nothing to worry about lol.

Early farmers had it good too.
They had enough free time to invent beer!
Not sure what the housing sittuation was like.
They made homes of sticks and sod I hear.
I bet they spent more time pruning and weeding that we do.

No the real madness is to think you need to spend a million dollars for a home to be happy.
100,000 or less seems to be about what a home should cost these days.
I would like to see it affordable for more people but these days you don;t know what the value of something really is ( or what money is worth as others have pointed out )

He was right.
Madness what we do and are willing to except to keep a rooof over head and food on the table.

They say cave men lived a life a lot more at ease than we do.
They hunted and gathered and ate as they went.
Not much stress there, and I bet rates for cave loans were nothing to worry about lol.

Early farmers had it good too.
They had enough free time to invent beer!
Not sure what the housing sittuation was like.
They made homes of sticks and sod I hear.
I bet they spent more time pruning and weeding that we do.

No the real madness is to think you need to spend a million dollars for a home to be happy.
100,000 or less seems to be about what a home should cost these days.
I would like to see it affordable for more people but these days you don;t know what the value of something really is ( or what money is worth as others have pointed out )
I think it's how you want to live, a cardboard box is even cheaper. :laugh:

I'm sure Cavemen had plenty of stress , you ever hunt big game with a stick knowing if you get injured you are toast? Or even finding the right foods and surviving winters,storms, and drought . Then there's the average life expectancy and wars with other clans .:laugh:

You can't even build a new house for 100.000 unless it's a one toilet shack on swamp land and doesn't meet code.:laugh:

Prices are all about location/land and cost of living.

Also...if you don't agree with what they are taxing you on.... get the ball rolling now. I was being taxed on 118,000$ when I only paid 57,500$. Took 2 years..... but I got a big refund of my tax $. Valued @ 68,000$ now. Saved me thousands already and will forever.:wink::thumbsup:
I believe they're taxing me for a little over $100,000 while I paid close to $500,000 for it. I'm too lazy to go through all the pdfs I have to find the exact amount.

Gearing higher or lower or just replacing?
I put 35s on the truck and it's sitting at about 3.0:1 right now. It can barely get out of it's own way and lost over 3mpg because of the tires (had 33's on it). I want to get some 4.56s in it. Luckily I don't drive the truck that much (I have 3 other vehicles) so the shit mileage, which is single digit, isn't that big of an issue. I'd like to get the gearing taken care of before I head to the desert in November.

I have 35s on mine, but diesel torque covers it with 3.73 gears...

4.56 might be a bit too tall. Wind out to early? Maybe 4.11?
From the reading I've done on boards 4.56 are the way to go. I've seen posts from many people that wish they went with 4.56s instead of 4.11s. The stock gears are 3.55 on it.

I put 35s on the truck and it's sitting at about 3.0:1 right now. It can barely get out of it's own way and lost over 3mpg because of the tires (had 33's on it). I want to get some 4.56s in it. Luckily I don't drive the truck that much (I have 3 other vehicles) so the shit mileage, which is single digit, isn't that big of an issue. I'd like to get the gearing taken care of before I head to the desert in November.
You don't hear people admit to this very often. My F250 is raised 4" (previous owner) and I still run the stock 16's. (265-75) It's a V10.

On the highway, I get 14 MPG if I use mid grade- 10 if I use the cheap stuff, or if I am towing "anything."

Those 265's were too wide for the stock wheel, and I blew one off the other day at 80 MPH. So now I'm thinking of going to the original 245's. It sure looks goofy though, with that lift and those wheels.

But I like the torque and mileage they bring.

I'm in Michigan. Hell you can get houses for 12,000$ in the hood. I got 10 acres for my 57,550$ and a house. You can't even build out here without 5 acres...
Lucky bastard. In CT, $80k is a down payment on a shitty little house in the middle of the shittiest part of bumhahahaha nowhere, on 2 acres of land.

From the reading I've done on boards 4.56 are the way to go. I've seen posts from many people that wish they went with 4.56s instead of 4.11s. The stock gears are 3.55 on it.
If you were just cruising it, then you could get away with the 4.11s, but since you will be towing the Fireturd, deeper is better.

Congrats on the house!