Micro Power Products Bike

MINI-MATIC

Here's a NOS Micro Power Products bike I picked up a few months back.I was looking for one of these for quite a while.It pulls my 6'3" 250 lbs carcus around pretty good,about 15+ mph.This bike is pending acceptance to be in this years "Eyes On Design" Show at the Edsel Ford Estates,here in Michigan:scooter::smile::scooter:

markus

Here's a NOS Micro Power Products bike I picked up a few months back.I was looking for one of these for quite a while.It pulls my 6'3" 250 lbs carcus around pretty good,about 15+ mph.This bike is pending acceptance to be in this years "Eyes On Design" Show at the Edsel Ford Estates,here in Michigan:scooter::smile::scooter:

NOS? you found another one other than the one you got from Joe?? I see you scored a suitcase for it as well, where you you dig that up? Looks good, I need to take mine off the shelf and run it, going on a year now since I did that:doah:

MINI-MATIC

Markus,it's the same bike only about a mile on it,so to me it's still NOS after being 40+ years old:smile: Thanks for the compliment!! As far as the suitcase is concerned,Determination is the Key word here,I've spent nearly every day for the last 3 months searching the web for one of these,located it on a Utah craigslist!!

james c ,thanks for the kind compliments on the bike,I've been searching for quite a while for one of these,Im into the small bike scene,I think to date,this is the only bike I haven't had to do anything too:thumbsup: Im almost lost,I feel like there has to be something to do to it,I know,RIDE IT!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

markus

Markus,it's the same bike only about a mile on it,so to me it's still NOS after being 40+ years old:smile: Thanks for the compliment!! As far as the suitcase is concerned,Determination is the Key word here,I've spent nearly every day for the last 3 months searching the web for one of these,located it on a Utah craigslist!!
you did killer onthe case, it looks spot on correct:thumbsup: does it have the grasshopper insignia on the bottom right? Curious if that was a nickname for the bike or if that was just name of the suitcase. I cant remember if I got you those close up pics of the sealed gascap an how they attached to the suitcase, if not let me know and I will send them again.

Maybe I can make it up to windber this year and we can race:thumbsup:

MINI-MATIC

Hi Markus,I did get the pics of the cap,thanks.There is a Grasshopper insignia on the botton right front.Dont know on the nickname,I sure would like to find some history on the company who made them,Im sure the people are around somewhere who would know,thanks,Steve.:thumbsup:

MINI-MATIC

Thanks for all the kind words on this bike,Avatar and Wayne,but I really cant take any credit,all I did was buy it!!:laugh:.About the only thing I did was search and search until I found the correct suitcase for it,as it was missing.The person I recieved this from,had 2 of these bikes that he had recently bought from someone,both missing the suitcases!!!.Im guessing that whoever originally had these bikes,used the suitcases for a vacation or something and never came home!!:laugh::laugh:

MINI-MATIC

NO,actually,the guy that has it bought out a few big suppliers of the original Ohlsson & Rice company,this guy collects and pretty much has the majority of items that had these engines on them.But he doesn't have a Little Petro:laugh::laugh:
It was all I could do to get him to sell me one of them!! and at a price of over $1,100.00 and that was without a suitcase:doah::doah::thumbsup:

There apparently was a glitch and I got kicked off the forum.
I need to repost.
I purchased one of these Micro Power bike and plan to restore. I'll have the bike in few days.
I love tracking down history. Can someone tell me what is known about these bikes.
When, where, how many. Original cost and who bought them. Heard they were made for Shriners? All of them?

Rob

markus

There apparently was a glitch and I got kicked off the forum.
I need to repost.
I purchased one of these Micro Power bike and plan to restore. I'll have the bike in few days.
I love tracking down history. Can someone tell me what is known about these bikes.
When, where, how many. Original cost and who bought them. Heard they were made for Shriners? All of them?

Rob
was it that rusty one out of georgia/alabama area? been over a year since someone contacted me about it fishin for value. I don't remember seeing it for sale though after that.
I don't think the shriner thing was true, they were featured in an article in minibike guide mag with other folding bikes being produced at the same time.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just bought one of these. I should receive it on Monday 4/6/15. looks like it's gonna need some work. I'll post some pics when I get it!!

markus

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just bought one of these. I should receive it on Monday 4/6/15. looks like it's gonna need some work. I'll post some pics when I get it!!

:thumbsup: the one that just went on ebay out of Cali? Definitely get some pics up!!! the auction did not show the top of the bars and was curious if it had the built in kill switch or not, they did away with it pretty quick in production and just X'ed out the section in the owners manual instead of reprinting :laugh:

Thats like the 3rd one to surface in the past year, Little petro were popping up alot this year too, I guess people are deep cleaning this year and going into their closets and finding the tiny bikes :laugh: