Micro Power Products Bike

Hey MINI_MATIC That is about one of the cutest little things I've ever seen!!! Is that a friction drive type motor for a bicycle? Would you be kind enough to put a couple pics of the drive setup?

Yes on ebay from California. It looks a little beat up but the ad said the bike runs. I'll post pics when I get it. I'd really like to find any info I can on these bikes. I'll be looking for a suitcase now!! also I'll be looking for any parts and an owners manual!!

markus

Yes on ebay from California. It looks a little beat up but the ad said the bike runs. I'll post pics when I get it. I'd really like to find any info I can on these bikes. I'll be looking for a suitcase now!! also I'll be looking for any parts and an owners manual!!
Joe weber was a big help to me for the O&R, Mine sat around for years and at some point the foam filter had disintegrated and went through the engine. It "ran" like the seller said it did, but only blubbered for little bit and then died due to everything getting trashed internally. Joe found me an NOS longblock through another vendor so I had it dropped shipped to him and he set it up for me, went through the drive assy/gearbox etc.. as well. It was pretty cool at that time even though he is a big O&R collector/fan he had never seen the micro power bikes and wanted to buy mine. He did end up finding a couple of them shortly after, I have not spoke to him in years so I don't know if he had collected any more literature or anything like that since.

He is the guy that sells the diaphragm kits and stuff like that Ohlsson Rice O R Compact Engine Carburetor Diaphragm | eBay

Ive got a suitcase...comes with a bike in it though...and will cost 4 times as much as what you just paid for yours :laugh:

Thanks for the info Markus. I've talked to Joe a few years ago and I think I still have his number. I think I'll buy one of his parts from ebay first to start the conversation. I'm certain I'll need his help. There's a NOS O&R engine on ebay right now but I don't know if it's the right one. I also have a NOS Tiny Tiger generator but I can't destroy the generator just for the engine. Is there any markings, company name or brand name on your suitcase? I'm just wondering if the company that made the suitcases may have used a suitcase that they already had in production that was just modified to hold the bike?? Am I sounding like you a few years ago?? I see you're in Southwest Florida. I've spent lots of time in Punta Gorda!! Thanks for the info...Craig

MINI-MATIC

Yes,a couple of those Petro's were mine,Getting ready to sell my last Petro any time now,my best one! and will have the side car with it!

markus

Thanks for the info Markus. I've talked to Joe a few years ago and I think I still have his number. I think I'll buy one of his parts from ebay first to start the conversation. I'm certain I'll need his help. There's a NOS O&R engine on ebay right now but I don't know if it's the right one. I also have a NOS Tiny Tiger generator but I can't destroy the generator just for the engine. Is there any markings, company name or brand name on your suitcase? I'm just wondering if the company that made the suitcases may have used a suitcase that they already had in production that was just modified to hold the bike?? Am I sounding like you a few years ago?? I see you're in Southwest Florida. I've spent lots of time in Punta Gorda!! Thanks for the info...Craig

Its just a suitcase that they modded. It was made by Atlantic and it was the Grasshopper line. Every bike with a suitcase still I have seen were the same as mine, really dark blue solid color. Looks liek they stripped the pockets and straps out of the inside and just added some foam inserts to hold the bike in place along with a chain soldered to a sealed lid fuel cap.

Mines kinda packed in on the shelf right now so this is about the best I can do for photos with sizes of the case

I am a little north of Punta gorda in Old Englewood, go down there alot. Theres a great swap meet at the Muscle car Museum once a month :thumbsup:

Thanks for the awesome pictures and info. According to my tracking number my bike is in Saline...30 minutes away. Scheduled for the next business day. I'll post pics when it arrives on Monday. I sure do appreciate the pics of yours. I'm probably gonna ask you to pm me your phone number so I can call you and ask some questions. As far as Punta Gorda goes my Grandpa had a place off Deltona Rd. near the Riviera Oyster Bar. He had it for over forty years and finally sold it the year before Charlie wiped out the city! I got married in the gazebo at Gilchrist Park on the Peace River!