Mini Baja fork problem

I was trying to take apart and drain the fork to weld a brake bracket on. I brake the bolt in the bottom of the fork loose, but it's just free spinning now. Am I missing something. Top cap and spring came out fine.

The head isn't stripped. The bolt spins. I'm not sure what all is in there, but if the threads are stripped it's only in the middle of the bolt?

I understand the heads not stripped....but if it just turns...the bolt is stripped. I would assume. Better wait for someone with more knowledge of these forks to chime in....Sorry.

Your welcome:thumbsup:....and I am about to take mine apart this weekend...so I will be watching this one in case I run into the same issue.

Since I have the same bike I have been wondering about this also.
1) do you need to take them completely apart or can you just leave the majority still connected to the frame?
2) so basically once you remove the axle you could have just unbolted from the bottom?
3) what are you replacing? O-rings or the white ring?
4) where does the oil go? What kind? How much? What's the procedure?

:shrug:

Maybe when your ready to assemble you could do a quick video stripping down repairing/replacing worn parts,adding oil then showing reassembly? Are there any upgraded springs available?

Since I have the same bike I have been wondering about this also.
1) do you need to take them completely apart or can you just leave the majority still connected to the frame?
2) so basically once you remove the axle you could have just unbolted from the bottom?
3) what are you replacing? O-rings or the white ring?
4) where does the oil go? What kind? How much? What's the procedure?

:shrug:
Gumpit, I'm pretty much following a writeup on the yahoo users group for mini bajas. You always have to detach the fork from the triple tree. Take out the top cap with a 10mm allen. Drain the oil. You really don't have to disassemble the fork past that. I'm disassembling it because I'm welding a front brake bracket to the fork tube, and I didn't want any oil in the tube when I welded. Once you drain the oil, refill the fork with 1.5-1.75 ounces of 15wt fork oil. Put the cap on, pump the fork, and you should be good to go. I'm put on delay for my bracket at the moment though. Once, I got the fork apart, I found out the tube is aluminum, and all I have is a mig welder and no aluminum spool gun. :doah: Once I get the bracket on, I'll definitely make a video on how to disassemble/reassemble.