more power!!

Hey guys im looking for more power mostly for drag race. im running a predator with a milled head .050 and a mod 2 cam, 18lb springs,.037 jet with intake and straight pipe. gov is removed so i have billet goodies. stock timing
would 93 or 116 fuel make it faster i normally run 87 reg
any tips and tricks let me know

flow as much air as possible and tune properly. in other words, craploads of compression, high octane fuel, lots of timing, port and polish and big valves and big carb and free flowing exhaust.

edit, just saw your pump gas class, I buy 110 blue fuel at the pump locally :)

flow as much air as possible and tune properly. in other words, craploads of compression, high octane fuel, lots of timing, port and polish and big valves and big carb and free flowing exhaust.
i had 8 degree timing key but it broke off and then i read the mod 2 cam requirements and it says to use stock key only

thanks man. ill try the another timing key and maybe open the carb up some more and clean up the heads

and key recommendations?
every engine is different, dont just add timing if it doesnt need it. there is a lot of factors to making reliable power, reliable big power is better but takes money and proper combination of compression, air flow and proper fuel mix, timing adds to the mix and big or easier flow is gained by adding the small mikuni over the stock bored out poop carb. Get a good carb, something that will flow, you will be surprised at what that brings to the table.

every engine is different, dont just add timing if it doesnt need it. there is a lot of factors to making reliable power, reliable big power is better but takes money and proper combination of compression, air flow and proper fuel mix, timing adds to the mix and big or easier flow is gained by adding the small mikuni over the stock bored out poop carb. Get a good carb, something that will flow, you will be surprised at what that brings to the table.
I'll check out the carb thanks man

small old jap motorcycles, there are millions of them of all sizes to play with, intakes are easy stuff to make to fit basically any carb, ebay has mikuni round slide clones for 25 or so I think. 20-30 mm sizes work great depending on build and needs.

small old jap motorcycles, there are millions of them of all sizes to play with, intakes are easy stuff to make to fit basically any carb, ebay has mikuni round slide clones for 25 or so I think. 20-30 mm sizes work great depending on build and needs.
Ill look around but looks like it would be tuff to get mounted and then figure out jetting but I want the power lol

you can buy a mikuni clone and intake on the bay I would think, I dont know, but try OldMiniBikes warehouse first they may have the combo as well, arc racing may have something also, I dunno

If it already runs fine on 87 octane, meaning no detonation, then high octane will do nothing for you in terms of performance. In fact if you ran too high of octane you may actually loose power. Shave the head, put a flat top piston in, increase ignition timing and then you may need to raise the needed octane. With your mods a 22mm mikuni carb would work well and give you a performance increase and tuning is not difficult. In fact a 125 main and 17.5 pilot jet would put you pretty close to where you need to be.

If it already runs fine on 87 octane, meaning no detonation, then high octane will do nothing for you in terms of performance. In fact if you ran too high of octane you may actually loose power. Shave the head, put a flat top piston in, increase ignition timing and then you may need to raise the needed octane. With your mods a 22mm mikuni carb would work well and give you a performance increase and tuning is not difficult. In fact a 125 main and 17.5 pilot jet would put you pretty close to where you need to be.
Right now I'm running a 140 emulsion and .37 jet. It runs like a champ and with the mod 2 it picks up when the rpms get higher but I want alittle more bang