My mini built around a 390

This bike is being built totally out of parts I had collecting dust in the shop, so here we go. Everything is powdered, the flake is huge color changing from green to gold as the light hits it and its laid over a black base, the light green flake is granny smith green. The engine and carb body is rustoleum white thinned with acetone and shot with an airbrush. The exhaust is made from old header tubing and I did it in high temp ceramic silver. The fender is a 6" piece of an old yamaha fender I narrowed 1" out of center.
I dont know what brand this frame started life as, it originally had a 15* plate so I heated the elbow and leveled it out, then I chopped 4" out of the down tube and slugged and rosette welded, then built the rear. I wanted this to be a tiny bike so its kinda as small as I could get it and still ride it.
I also am going to change the forks again to bring the wheelbase inline with forks instead of in front of them.
What ya think? and can you identify the original frame? upper seat area and neck and downtube is original.
The tank is one I powdered about 6 years ago and am going to do another with a white base instead of silver to match this bike.

Attachments

Last edited:
Fantastic metal work, everything just fits around the engine. That first photo from overhead gives an idea of the demure scale of the frame, where the engine width is visible.

Should be a rocket with that much engine and clutch. Wild powder! Well done :thumbsup: