Some light mods for the windber ride.

CarPlayLB

Karl...ya owe me BIG time now! Here is what I came up with...ahem, what my friend came up with...'cause I know a guy!

The gaskets are cut from 1/16" thick material, and I cut some 1/4" plex that can be sandwiched (sammiched) between the two. You may not need the plex, but my friend does not want to ship this stuff twice! It is in the mail tomorrow. You are officially my "guinea pig"!

Karl...ya owe me BIG time now! Here is what I came up with...ahem, what my friend came up with...'cause I know a guy!

The gaskets are cut from 1/16" thick material, and I cut some 1/4" plex that can be sandwiched (sammiched) between the two. You may not need the plex, but my friend does not want to ship this stuff twice! It is in the mail tomorrow. You are officially my "guinea pig"!
I'm diggin the blue. It looks great.

I wanted this manifold to get the carb and air filter outa the way of my leg and foot. It looks like it's gonna do the job. And as with any other project I've done there needs to be modifications. That's what happens when you put new stuff on vintage bikes. Lol.
And as of being a mini bike millionaire just don't tell the wife. She'll want half.

Ok so I'm having no luck. Trial and error
Put the shroud on and found that there's not enough room for the carb. So I will have to cut the intake and turn it away about 45* degrees. Will have to cut and put the engine on the bike to find out where I can try and brace it. This should be fun.

Attachments

Why can't you make it fit with the shroud? Some hammering,grinding,welding..... If it fits without it how close is it to the flywheel? Practice on a junk shroud.